Duberstein Bankruptcy Law Moot Court Competition
Duberstein competes in two competitions in the spring. First, is the Honorable Lloyd George Bankruptcy Moot Court Competition at University of Las Vegas Nevada. This is a regional competition that prepares teams for the annual Duberstein Bankruptcy Moot Court Competition, one of the largest moot court competitions in the country. Second is the Annual Duberstein Bankruptcy Moot Court Competition in New York City, which is jointly sponsored by St. John's University School of Law and the American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI).
There is a brief component and an oral argument component.
- Las Vegas, Nevada (2016)
- New York, New York (2016)
Coach: Adam Langley, Butler Snow
- Deniger Cobb, Phoebe Dossett, and Meagan Jones (3L team, 2016)
- Semi-finalists at the Annual Duberstein Bankruptcy Moot Court Competition
- Olivia Garber, Will Lipsey, Kendra Lyons (2L Team, 2016)
- Second place at Honorable Lloyd George Bankruptcy competition
- Will Lipsey: runner up Best Oral Advocate Overall at Honorable Lloyd George Bankruptcy Competition
For information on this competition and past issues, please visit the competition website.
Duberstein Bankruptcy Moot Court Team Past Achievements:
- 2015 - First Place in Regional Competition; Third Place, Best Brief Award at National Competition - Brad Reasonover, Ross Smith
- National Semi-Finalist 2011; Honorable Mention Best Brief 2011
- National Fifth Place - 2010