On this page, you will find information about the application process, requirements and deadlines.
- Admission Criteria
- Deadlines to Submit your Application
- Step-by-step Instructions to Apply
- Required Materials for Your Application
- Additional Requirements for International Students
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Satisfactory undergraduate grade point average.
- Satisfactory scores on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate record Examination (GRE). WAIVED FOR SUMMER AND FALL 2021 ADMISSIONS.
- Submission, review and acceptance of all Supplemental Materials.
- International applicants will need to satisfy some Additional Requirements.
Applications for all MBA programs are received on a rolling basis. Our application deadlines depend on the semester you wish to start the MBA program.
|Type of Applicant||Fall
(US citizens and Permanent Residents)
(all those who hold or require a visa)
- Start an online application. Choose "All other colleges/schools" and the semester you wish to start.
- In the applicant portal, go to the "Add Program" tab and enter "MBA" in the search bar. See a list of MBA options here.
- Click on the "+" sign on the left-hand side of the MBA program of your choice to add it to your application.
- Go to the "My Application" tab. You will see four quadrants labeled: Personal Information, Academic History, Supporting Information and Program Materials.
- In the "Academic History" quadrant, you will be given instructions to add:
- Transcripts for all colleges attended. Click here for more information about transcripts.
- Test Scores (GRE/GMAT). Use the code R-1459. Click here to read more about test scores.
- In the "Program Materials" quadrant,
- Read the "Home" tab to verify you are applying to the right program and semester.
- In the "Questions" tab, please answer all questions.
- In the "Documents" tab, upload your CV, Essay and Statement of Purpose to your application. Click here for essay questions.
- In the "Recommendations" tab, send recommendation requests to your recommenders. Click here for more about letters.
- Once your application is complete, go to the "Submit Application" tab. To submit your application, you will be asked to pay an application fee:
- $35 for domestic students (US citizens and permanent residents)
- $60 for international students (all visa holders)
In order to be reviewed, your application must have all the following materials:
- Current CV or Resume.
- Statement of Interest (maximum 1,000 words).
- Essay Question (maximum 1,000 words, see essay questions here).
- Official Transcripts from every college or university attended except the University of Memphis (see details here).
- Official Test Scores (see details here). WAIVED FOR SUMMER AND FALL 2021 ADMISSIONS.
- Two Letters of Recommendation (professional or academic, see details here).
Choose one of the following topics (maximum 1,000 words). For the title of your essay, please indicate which question you chose to answer.
- Describe a situation where leadership and teamwork were critical to the outcome of a project in which you were directly involved. What did you learn from the experience and how have you applied this knowledge to other situations in your life?
- Describe a personal achievement that has had a significant impact on your life, providing specific details. What did you learn from this experience? How did it help shape your understanding of yourself and the world around you?
- Describe how your experiences, both professional and personal, have motivated you to pursue an MBA at the University of Memphis this year. How does your decision to pursue an MBA at the University of Memphis relate to your career goals for the future?
The Graduate Admissions Office receives both paper transcripts and electronic transcripts.
- Paper Transcripts: must be mailed directly from the Registrar at your school to the third party who
processes them, at:
UofM Graduate School Transcript Processing Center
PO Box 9205
Watertown, MA 02471
- Electronic Transcripts: the Graduate Admissions Office only accepts electronic transcripts from Credentials Solutions, Parchment, and National Student Clearinghouse. If your school does not offer any of these services, your paper transcript must be sent by mail. Please click here for step-by-step instructions on how to send your official transcripts electronically after you submit your application.
If you obtained a degree from a non-US institution, please see additional requirements below.
Your letters of recommendation may be professional (e.g., from a work supervisor) or academic (e.g., from a former instructor).
When completing your online application, you will be asked to enter contact information for your professional references. Your recommenders will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with instructions to upload their letters of recommendation directly. The link to upload letters of recommendation expires after some time, so please let your recommenders know to search their inboxes for such email.
After entering recommender information, you may submit your application (even if your recommenders haven't uploaded their letters yet).
GRE/GMAT SCORES WILL BE WAIVED FOR SUMMER AND FALL 2021 ADMISSIONS. However, a good GRE or GMAT score will strengthen your application if you do not have a good undergraduate GPA.
We will consider your GMAT or GRE scores for tests taken in the last 5 years. You can find more information about both tests in the table below.
After you take the test, please have your scores sent directly to Graduate Admissions using the code R-1459.
|In Memphis||The Pearson Professional Testing Center
6060 Poplar Avenue [ map ]
Memphis, TN 38119
|The University of Memphis Prometric Center
111C Brister Hall
[ map | campus map ]
Memphis, TN 38152
International students may need to send language proficiency test scores. See requirements for international students below.
International applicants will additionally need to fulfill the requirements below:
- International Transcript Evaluation: official transcripts must be evaluated by any credentialing agency listed on the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services web site. A course-by course report and grade point average (GPA) equivalency are required.
- Language Proficiency Requirement: acceptable score on one of the following language exams:
- TOEFL (550+ paper, 79+ on Internet).
- IELTS (6.0).
- Due to COVID-19, we are also accepting the Duolingo English Language Proficiency test (100 or more).
- Other Requirements: Graduate Admissions requires you to provide evidence of financial support with your application, and, once admitted, you will need to satisfy health related requirements. Please visit the Graduate Admissions page for details about these requirements.