On this page, you will find information about the application process, requirements and deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Satisfactory undergraduate grade point average.
- Submission, review and acceptance of all Required Materials.
- Official test scores may or may not be needed. Read our GRE / GMAT policy.
- International applicants will need to satisfy some Additional Requirements.
Applications for all MBA programs are received on a rolling basis. Our application deadlines depend on the semester you wish to start the MBA program.
|Type of Applicant||Fall
(US citizens and Permanent Residents)
(all those who hold or require a visa)
In order to be reviewed, your application must have all the following materials:
- Current CV or Resume.
- Statement of Purpose (maximum 1,000 words).
- Essay Question (maximum 1,000 words, read essay questions here).
- One Letter of Recommendation (read more details about letters of recommendation here).
- Unonfficial or Official Transcripts from every college or university attended except the University of Memphis (read more details here).
- Official Test Scores may be needed. Read our GRE/GMAT policy here | Read more details about the GRE/GMAT tests here.
Choose one of the following topics to write your personal essay (maximum 1,000 words). For the title of your essay, please indicate which question you chose to answer.
- Describe a situation where leadership and teamwork were critical to the outcome of
a project in which you were directly involved. What did you learn from the experience and how have you applied this knowledge to
other situations in your life?
- Describe a personal achievement that has had a significant impact on your life, providing specific details. What did you learn from this experience? How did it help shape your understanding of yourself and the world around you?
- To expedite the review process, please upload an unofficial transcript to your application.
- The Graduate Admissions Office requires official transcripts from all schools attended. Both paper transcripts and electronic transcripts are accepted.
- Official transcripts must be sent directly from the Registrar at your school to the UofM Graduate School, following the instructions on the application portal.
- If you obtained a degree from a non-US institution, please see additional requirements below.
We require one letter of recommendation, but you are welcome to submit more than one. Your letter(s) need to be from a professional reference or an academic reference, such as a work supervisor or a former instructor. Letters from family members or friends are not acceptable.
When completing your online application, you will be asked to enter contact information for your professional reference(s). Your recommender(s) will receive an email from email@example.com with instructions to upload their letters of recommendation directly. The link to upload letters of recommendation expires after two months, so please let your recommender(s) know to search their inboxes for such email.
After entering recommender information, you may submit your application (even if your recommenders haven't uploaded their letters yet).
A good GRE or GMAT score will strengthen your application if you do not have a good undergraduate GPA.
We will consider your GMAT or GRE scores for tests taken in the last 5 years. You can find more information about both tests in the table below.
After you take the test, please have your scores sent directly to Graduate Admissions using the code R-1459.
|In Memphis||The Pearson Professional Testing Center
6060 Poplar Avenue [ map ]
Memphis, TN 38119
|The University of Memphis Prometric Center
111C Brister Hall
[ map | campus map ]
Memphis, TN 38152
International students may need to send language proficiency test scores. See requirements for international students below.
To be admitted into the MBA program you must meet one of the following 5 criteria:
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher from an accredited external college or university
Please provide an unofficial transcript with your application.
If your degree is not from the US and you wish to obtain a GPA-based waiver, you need to have a course-by course evaluation with grade point average (GPA) equivalency done by any credentialing agency listed on the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) website.
- Undergraduate GPA of 2.75 or higher from the University of Memphis
Please provide your UID or an unofficial transcript with your application.
- Have earned a graduate degree from an accredited institution in the United States
This includes degrees such as an MS, MA, MSBA, JD, MD, PharmD, etc.
- Five (5) or more years of Management Experience
“Management experience” here means that you have held a position where at least 10 employees report directly to you. To obtain a waiver, you will need to submit an extended resume highlighting the number of years spent in a management position (as defined above) and the number of direct reports. After submitting your extended resume to an MBA advisor, it will be reviewed by a committee.
Please note that process management and project management do not count as “management experience”.
- GRE or GMAT test score
Admissions decision can be made using unofficial test scores. However, official scores are required by the end of the first semester
International applicants will additionally need to fulfill the requirements below:
- International Transcript Evaluation: official transcripts must be evaluated by any credentialing agency listed on the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services web site. A course-by course report and grade point average (GPA) equivalency are required.
- Language Proficiency Requirement: acceptable score on one of the following language exams:
- TOEFL (550+ paper, 79+ on Internet).
- IELTS (6.0).
- Due to COVID-19, we are also accepting the Duolingo English Language Proficiency test (100 or more).
Language Proficiency is a Graduate School requirement. Please visit their website for more information.
- Other Requirements: Graduate Admissions requires you to provide evidence of financial support with your application. Once admitted, you will need to satisfy health related requirements. Please visit the Graduate Admissions page for details about these requirements.