On this page, you will find information about the application process, requirements and deadlines.
- Admission Standards and Procedures
- Deadlines to Submit your Application
- Required Materials for Your Application
- GRE / GMAT Policy
- Additional Requirements for International Students
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.75 on the US 4.0 scale.
- Submission of an online Graduate Application through the True Blue Tiger Portal.
- Submission, review and acceptance of all Required Materials.
- Official test scores may or may not be needed. Read our GRE / GMAT policy.
- International applicants will need to satisfy additional requirements. Read Additional Requirements for International Applicants.
Meeting the above minimum standards does not entitle an applicant to admission. Meeting such standards only insures consideration of the application.
- Submit an online Graduate Application through the True Blue Tiger Portal by the established deadline.
- In order to be reviewed, your application must have all Required Materials as per the guidelines provided on this page.
- To view the status of your application, please check the True Blue Tiger Portal.
- If any documents are missing, you will be notified by an MBA advisor through the True Blue Tiger Portal.
Applications for all MBA programs are received on a rolling basis. Our application deadlines depend on the semester you wish to start the MBA program.
|Type of Applicant||Desired Semester of Start|
(US citizens and Permanent Residents)
(all those who hold or require a visa)
In order to be reviewed, all the following materials must be uploaded to your Graduate Application through the True Blue Tiger Portal:
- Current CV or Resume.
- Personal Statement (maximum 1,000 words). Read guidelines for personal statement here.
- Essay Question (maximum 1,000 words). Read essay questions here.
- One Letter of Recommendation. Read instructions for letters of recommendation here.
- Unonfficial or Official Transcripts from every college or university attended except the University of Memphis. Read requirements for transcripts here.
- Official Test Scores may be needed:
Your Personal Statement addresses your overall motivation for pursuing an MBA.
Guidelines: please make sure to address the following:
- Provide details about the experiences in your academic and/or professional background that were key in advancing and consolidating your interest to get an MBA degree. Describe explicitly how so.
- List and describe the qualities that make you a successful MBA candidate. Indicate whether you acquired these qualities throughout your professional and/or academic experience. Provide specific details of these instances.
- Describe the main reasons why you are choosing to pursue an MBA degree instead of a more specialized degree.
- Describe the specific career goals that you expect to advance by pursuing an MBA degree.
- Provide specific details of professional development or other activities offered by the Fogelman College that you plan to engage in.
- Describe your plans after completing the MBA degree.
- Describe what you will contribute to other MBA students and to the Fogelman College of Business as an MBA student and graduate.
- Describe the unique experiences and perspectives that you bring to our MBA program.
Note: Your Personal Statement also provides an opportunity to make up for shortcomings in your grades or professional experience. If appropriate, your Personal Statement should explain to the admissions committee why your undergraduate grades reflect (or fail to reflect) your potential to perform as a graduate student.
Required for Spring 2024 and Summer 2024 admissions only.
Choose one of the following topics to write your personal essay (maximum 1,000 words). For the title of your essay, please indicate which question you chose to answer.
- Describe a situation where leadership and teamwork were critical to the outcome of
a project in which you were directly involved. What did you learn from the experience and how have you applied this knowledge to
other situations in your life?
- Describe a personal achievement that has had a significant impact on your life, providing specific details. What did you learn from this experience? How did it help shape your understanding of yourself and the world around you?
Transcripts are used to verify that the minimum admissions standards are satisfied (see admissions standards).
- To expedite the review process, please upload an unofficial transcript to your application. Please make sure your transcript shows that the degree was awarded.
- If you obtained a degree from a non-US institution, an evaluation of your transcript by a credentialing agency is required. Click here to read about international transcript evaluation requirements.
- The Graduate Admissions Office requires official transcripts (paper or electronic) from all schools attended. Official transcripts must be sent directly from the Registrar at your school to the Graduate Admissions Office, following the instructions on the Graduate Admissions website.
We require one letter of recommendation, but you are welcome to submit more than one.
- Your letter(s) should be written by either:
- A professional reference, such as a work supervisor.
- An academic reference, such as a former instructor from your undergraduate program.
- Letters from family members or friends are not acceptable.
When completing your online Graduate Application, you will be asked to enter contact information for your recommeder(s). After entering recommender information, you may submit your application (even if your recommenders haven't uploaded their letters yet).
- A good GRE or GMAT score will strengthen your application if you do not have a good undergraduate GPA.
- We will consider your GMAT or GRE scores for tests taken in the last 5 years. You can find more information about both tests in the table below.
- After you take the test, please have your scores sent directly to Graduate Admissions using the code R 1459 (GRE) or R 1748 (GMAT).
|In Memphis||The Pearson Professional Testing Center
6060 Poplar Avenue [ map ]
Memphis, TN 38119
|The University of Memphis Prometric Center
111C Brister Hall
[ map | campus map ]
Memphis, TN 38152
International students may need to send language proficiency test scores. See requirements for international students below.
To be admitted into the MBA program you must meet one of the following 5 criteria:
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher from an accredited external college or university
Please provide an unofficial transcript with your application.
If your degree is not from the US and you wish to obtain a GPA-based waiver, you need to have a course-by course evaluation with grade point average (GPA) equivalency done by any credentialing agency listed on the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) website.
- Undergraduate GPA of 2.75 or higher from the University of Memphis
Please provide your UID or an unofficial transcript with your application.
- Have earned a graduate degree from an accredited institution in the United States
This includes degrees such as an MS, MA, MSBA, JD, MD, PharmD, etc.
- Five (5) or more years of Management Experience
“Management experience” here means that you have held a position where at least 10 employees report directly to you. To obtain a waiver, you will need to submit an extended resume highlighting the number of years spent in a management position (as defined above) and the number of direct reports. After submitting your extended resume to an MBA advisor, it will be reviewed by a committee.
Please note that process management and project management do not count as “management experience”.
- GRE or GMAT test score
Admissions decision can be made using unofficial test scores. However, official scores are required by the end of the first semester
International applicants will additionally need to fulfill the requirements below:
- International Transcript Evaluation: for all non-US transcripts, an evaluation by any credentialing agency listed on the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services web site is required.
To be considered, the following must be included in the credentialing agency's transcript evaluation:
- A course-by course report.
- Grade point average (GPA) equivalency.
You can access their application here: SpanTran Application - University of Memphis. Select “Course analysis”.
- Language Proficiency Requirement: as per Graduate Admissions requirements, acceptable English proficiency test scores are:
- Duolingo English Test-110 or higher on the overall score.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) 550 or higher on the paper version, 80 or higher on the internet-based test.
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System)- 6.5 or higher.
- PTE (Pearson Test of English) - 59 or higher.
- Other Requirements: Graduate Admissions requires you to provide evidence of financial support with your application. Once admitted, you will need to satisfy health related requirements. Please visit the Graduate Admissions page for details about these requirements.