Application Deadline EXTENDED to July 31, 2020 for Fall Enrollment
GRE and GMAT test scores are waived for this period
On this page, you will find information about the application process, requirements and deadlines.
- Admission Criteria
- Application Deadlines
- How to Apply
- Required Materials for Your Application
- Additional Requirements for International Students
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Satisfactory undergraduate grade point average.
- Satisfactory scores on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate record Examination (GRE).
- Submission, review and acceptance of all supplemental materials.
- Additional Requirements for International applicants.
Applications for all MBA programs are received on a rolling basis. See our application deadlines below.
|Type of Applicant||Fall
(US citizens and Permanent Residents)
|July 1||December 1||May 15|
(all those who hold or require a visa)
|May 15||October 1||March 1|
- Start an online application.
- Add the MBA program you wish to apply for to your application. For details, click here.
- Contact your registrar to have official transcripts sent to the Graduate School. For details, click here.
- Have all official test scores sent to the Graduate School. Use the code R-1459. For details, click here.
- Enter contact information for your professional references. For details, click here.
- Upload your CV, Statement of Interest and Essay Question to your application. For details, click here.
- Pay an Application Fee:
- $35 for domestic students (US citizens and permanent residents)
- $60 for international students (all visa holders)
- International Applicants: For additional requirements, click here.
In order to be reviewed, your application must have all the following materials:
- Current CV or Resume.
- Statement of Interest (maximum 1,000 words).
- Essay Question (maximum 1,000 words, see details here).
- Official Transcripts from every college or university attended except the University of Memphis (see details here).
- Official Test Scores (see details here).
- Two Letters of Recommendation (professional or academic, see details here).
Choose one of the following topics (maximum 1,000 words). For the title of your essay, please indicate which question you chose to answer.
- Describe a situation where leadership and teamwork were critical to the outcome of a project in which you were directly involved. What did you learn from the experience and how have you applied this knowledge to other situations in your life?
- Describe a personal achievement that has had a significant impact on your life, providing specific details. What did you learn from this experience? How did it help shape your understanding of yourself and the world around you?
- Describe how your experiences, both professional and personal, have motivated you to pursue an MBA at the University of Memphis this year. How does your decision to pursue an MBA at the University of Memphis relate to your career goals for the future?
Please contact your registrar to have your official transcripts sent directly to the Graduate School.
- Paper Transcripts: must be mailed to:
UofM Graduate School Transcript Processing Center
PO Box 9205
Watertown, MA 02471
- Electronic Transcripts: we only accept electronic transcripts from Credentials Solutions, Parchment, and National Student Clearinghouse. If your school does not offer any of these services, your paper transcript must be sent by mail.
If you obtained a degree from a non-US institution, please see additional requirements below.
When completing your online application, you will be asked to enter contact information for your professional references. Your recommenders will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with instructions to upload their letters of recommendation directly.
After entering recommender information, you may submit your application (even if your recommenders haven't uploaded their letters yet).
We will consider your GMAT or GRE scores for tests taken in the last 5 years. You can find more information about both tests in the table below.
After you take the test, please have your scores sent directly to Graduate Admissions using the code R-1459.
|In Memphis||The Pearson Professional Testing Center
6060 Poplar Avenue [ map ]
Memphis, TN 38119
|The University of Memphis Prometric Center
111C Brister Hall
[ map | campus map ]
Memphis, TN 38152
International students may need to send language proficiency test scores. See requirements for international students below.
International applicants will additionally need to fulfill the requirements below:
- International Transcript Evaluation: official transcripts must be evaluated by any credentialing agency listed on the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services web site. A course-by course report and grade point average (GPA) equivalency are required.
- Language Proficiency Requirement: acceptable score on one of the following language exams:
- TOEFL (550+ paper, 79+ on Internet).
- IELTS (6.0).
- Due to COVID-19, we are also accepting the Duolingo English Language Proficiency test (100 or more).
- Other Requirements: you will be asked to provide evidence of financial support with your application, and, once admitted, you will need to satisfy health related requirements. Please visit the Graduate Admissions page for details.