On this page, you will find information about the application process, requirements and deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Satisfactory undergraduate grade point average.
- Satisfactory scores on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate record Examination (GRE). Read our limited waiver policy.
- Submission, review and acceptance of all Required Materials.
- International applicants will need to satisfy some Additional Requirements.
Applications for all MBA programs are received on a rolling basis. Our application deadlines depend on the semester you wish to start the MBA program.
|Type of Applicant||Fall
(US citizens and Permanent Residents)
(all those who hold or require a visa)
- Start an online application. Choose "All other colleges/schools" and the semester you wish to start.
- Add the MBA program to your application: in the applicant portal:
- Go to the "Add Program" tab and enter "MBA" in the search bar.
- Click on the "+" sign on the left-hand side of the program labeled "MBA" to add it to your application.
- Upload documents to your application: go to the "My Application" tab. You will see four quadrants labeled: Personal Information,
Academic History, Supporting Information and Program Materials.
- In "Academic History": you will be given instructions to add:
- Official Transcripts for all colleges attended. Click here for more information about sending official transcripts.
- Test Scores (GRE/GMAT). Use the code R-1459. Click here to read more about test scores.
- In "Program Materials": you will see four tabs.
- "Home" tab: brief description of the program snd semster.
- "Questions" tab: please answer all questions.
- "Documents" tab: please upload the following documents. Click here to read more about application materials.
- Statement of Purpose.
- Essay. Click here for essay questions.
- Unofficial transcript under "Other Documents". This step is not required, but it helps expedite the review process.
- "Recommendations" tab: send recommendation requests to your recommenders. Click here to read more about letters.
- In "Academic History": you will be given instructions to add:
- Submit your application: go to the "Submit Application" tab. You will be asked to pay an application fee:
- $35 for domestic students (US citizens and permanent residents)
- $60 for international students (all visa holders)
- International Applicants: you will need to satisfy additional requirements, summarized here.
In order to be reviewed, your application must have all the following materials:
- Current CV or Resume.
- Statement of Purpose (maximum 1,000 words).
- Essay Question (maximum 1,000 words, read essay questions here).
- Unonfficial or Official Transcripts from every college or university attended except the University of Memphis (read more details about sending official transcripts here).
- Official Test Scores (read more details here). Read our limited waiver policy.
- One Letter of Recommendation (read more details here).
Choose one of the following topics (maximum 1,000 words). For the title of your essay, please indicate which question you chose to answer.
- Describe a situation where leadership and teamwork were critical to the outcome of a project in which you were directly involved. What did you learn from the experience and how have you applied this knowledge to other situations in your life?
- Describe a personal achievement that has had a significant impact on your life, providing specific details. What did you learn from this experience? How did it help shape your understanding of yourself and the world around you?
The Graduate Admissions Office requires official transcripts from all schools attended. Both paper transcripts and electronic transcripts are received.
- Paper Transcripts: must be mailed directly from the Registrar at your school to the third party who
processes them, at:
UofM Graduate School Transcript Processing Center
PO Box 9205
Watertown, MA 02471
- Electronic Transcripts: the Graduate Admissions Office only accepts electronic transcripts from Credentials Solutions, Parchment, and National Student Clearinghouse. If your school does not offer any of these services, your paper transcript must be sent by mail. Please click here for step-by-step instructions on how to send your official transcripts electronically after you submit your application.
If you obtained a degree from a non-US institution, please see additional requirements below.
We require one letter of recommendation, but you are welcome to sumbit more than one. Your letter(s) need to be from a professional reference or an academic reference, such as a work supervisor or a former instructor. We do not accept letters from family members or friends.
When completing your online application, you will be asked to enter contact information for your professional reference(s). Your recommender(s) will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with instructions to upload their letters of recommendation directly. The link to upload letters of recommendation expires after two months, so please let your recommenders know to search their inboxes for such email.
After entering recommender information, you may submit your application (even if your recommenders haven't uploaded their letters yet).
A good GRE or GMAT score will strengthen your application if you do not have a good undergraduate GPA.
We will consider your GMAT or GRE scores for tests taken in the last 5 years. You can find more information about both tests in the table below.
After you take the test, please have your scores sent directly to Graduate Admissions using the code R-1459.
|In Memphis||The Pearson Professional Testing Center
6060 Poplar Avenue [ map ]
Memphis, TN 38119
|The University of Memphis Prometric Center
111C Brister Hall
[ map | campus map ]
Memphis, TN 38152
International students may need to send language proficiency test scores. See requirements for international students below.
If you fall into at least one of the categories below, you will not be required to submit a GRE or GMAT score. For details about each category, click on the buttons below.
If you do not fall into any of the 4 categories below, you are required to submit official GRE or GMAT scores for your application to be reviewed.
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher from an accredited external college or university
Please provide an unofficial transcript with your application.
If your degree is not from the US and you wish to obtain a GPA-based waiver, you need to have a course-by course evaluation with grade point average (GPA) equivalency done by any credentialing agency listed on the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) website.
- Undergraduate GPA of 2.75 or higher from the University of Memphis
Please provide your UID or an unofficial transcript with your application.
- Have earned a graduate degree from an accredited institution in the United States
This includes degrees such as an MS, MA, MSBA, JD, MD, PharmD, etc.
- Five (5) or more years of Management Experience
“Management experience” here means that you have held a position where at least 10 employees report directly to you. To obtain a waiver, you will need to submit an extended resume highlighting the number of years spent in a management position (as defined above) and the number of direct reports. After submitting your extended resume to an MBA advisor, it will be reviewed by a committee to determine whether or not the waiver is granted.
Please note that process management and project management do not count as “management experience”. If a waiver is not granted, you will need to submit GRE or GMAT scores with your application.
International applicants will additionally need to fulfill the requirements below:
- International Transcript Evaluation: official transcripts must be evaluated by any credentialing agency listed on the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services web site. A course-by course report and grade point average (GPA) equivalency are required.
- Language Proficiency Requirement: acceptable score on one of the following language exams:
- TOEFL (550+ paper, 79+ on Internet).
- IELTS (6.0).
- Due to COVID-19, we are also accepting the Duolingo English Language Proficiency test (100 or more).
- Other Requirements: Graduate Admissions requires you to provide evidence of financial support with your application. Once admitted, you will need to satisfy health related requirements. Please visit the Graduate Admissions page for details about these requirements.