Contract Criteria, Forms, and Resources

For contracts where the fee is $5,000 or more utilize the following forms and forward to Procurement and Contract Services:

For contracts where the fee is less than $5,000 utilize the Request for Payment to Individual or Contractor form and forward to the Accounting Office.

Dual Services Agreements

Please read the detailed information on Dual Services Agreements.

Employee vs. Contractor

Employee vs. Contractor provides detailed information on which department (Human Resources or Procurement and Contract Services) should hire an individual, and provides a definition of Personal, Professional, Consultant Services; Employee Services; and Private Employee Agency Services.

Moving Services Contracts

Please read the detailed information on Moving Services Contracts.

For Contracts with Individuals, Non-Employees, Independent Contractors

Additional ID Requirement for Independent Contractors (Non-Employee/Individual). This only applies when the University contracts with an individual to perform a service; not when the vendor or contractor is a corporation.

Pursuant to The Tennessee Lawful Employment Act (50-1-701 et. seq.) for non-employee (individual) contracts, the University ordering department has responsibility to request one (1) of the following documents prior to the non-employee providing labor or services, along with other contract forms to be sent to Procurement and Contract Services:

  • A valid TN driver license or photo identification license issued by the department of safety;
  • A valid driver license or photo identification license issued by another state where the issuance requirements are at least as strict as those in this state, as determined by the department. The commissioner, in consultation with the department of safety, shall determine which states have issuance requirements that are at least as strict as this state, and shall develop, and periodically update, a publicly accessible list of such states on the department's web site;
  • An official birth certificate issued by a United States state, jurisdiction or territory;
  • A United States government-issued certified birth certificate;
  • A valid, unexpired United States passport;
  • A United States certificate of birth abroad (DS-1350 or FS-545);
  • A report of birth abroad of a citizen of the United States (FS-240);
  • A certificate of citizenship (N560 or N561);
  • A certificate of naturalization (N550, N570 or N578);
  • A United States citizen identification card (I-197 or I-179); or
  • Valid alien registration documentation or other proof of current immigration registration recognized by the United States department of homeland security that contains the individuals' complete legal name and current alien admission number or alien file number (or numbers if the individual has more than one (1) number).