The UofM Adult Scholarship
The UofM Adult Scholarship Program is designed to help adult students reach their educational goals. This highly competitive and renewable scholarship is awarded annually to a limited number of students.
- $5,500 per year for full-time students
- $2,750 per year for part-time students
- In-state and out-of-state undergraduate students are eligible.
- Must be pursuing first undergraduate degree to be eligible. New students should apply for admission and be accepted as a degree seeking undergraduate student by March 1 of the application year.
- Students must reach their 25th birthday by August 1st of the application year.
- Current students must have a 3.0 cumulative GPA and new students must meet Adult Admission requirements to be considered for selection.
- Part-time students must complete a minimum of 6 hours and full-time students must complete a minimum of 12 hours per semester.
- Preference given to students who do not already have a scholarship.
How to Apply
- Access the Tiger Scholarship Manager in the MyMemphis Portal.
- Select "Adult Scholarship" under Opportunities
- Complete the online application.
- Attach the required essay (500 words or less; Detailing "Why you need or deserve an Adult Scholarship")
Please visit Tiger Scholarship Manager for more detailed instructions and information about renewal requirements, supplemental questions, and how to apply.
All scholarships have now been awarded for the 2018-2019 academic year. Please check Tiger Scholarship Manager during the fall semester for information on scholarship applications.