|There are a number of calendars that are important for faculty and administrative staff, including: Campus | Holiday | Academic|
2022-2023 Faculty Contract Calendar
- First Day for Faculty to Return | Monday, August 15, 2022
- First Day of Classes | Monday, August 22, 2022
- Labor Day | Monday, September 5, 2022
- Fall Break | October 8 - 11, 2022 (Saturday - Tuesday)
- Thanksgiving Holiday | November 23 - 27, 2022 (Wednesday - Sunday)
- Last Day of Classes | Wednesday, November 30, 2022
- Exams | December 2 - 8, 2022 (Friday - Thursday)
- Last Day of Semester for Faculty | Friday, December 16, 2022
- Winter Break | December 17 - 31, 2022 (Saturday - Saturday)
- Winter Break | January 1 - 9, 2023 (Sunday - Monday)
- First Day for Faculty to Return | Tuesday, January 10, 2023
- M. L. King, Jr. Holiday | Monday, January 16, 2023
- First Day of Classes | Tuesday, January 17, 2023
- Spring Break | March 6 -12, 2023 (Monday - Sunday)
- Last Day of Classes | Wednesday, April 26, 2023
- Exams | April 28 - May 4, 2023 (Friday - Thursday)
- Last Day of Semester for Faculty | Friday, May 12, 2023
Tenure and Promotion Calendar
- April 1: Deadline for candidates to declare intent to file for tenure and/or promotion to department/college.
- May 1: List of external reviewers due to department/college.
- September 1: Deans submit a list of all faculty applying for tenure and/or promotion to the Provost’s
Office. Email list to email@example.com.
- Internal deadline set by each College or School: Department Heads and Committees submit recommendations to College Committee.
- Internal deadline set by each College or School: College/School Committees submit recommendations to the Dean.
- December 1: Required documents from the candidates’ dossiers and recommendations of Department
Chairs, Department Committees, College Committees, and Deans submitted to the Provost
via OneDrive (see T&P Forms Page).
- February 1: Candidates notified of the Provost’s recommendation. Provost recommendations forwarded
to the President for review.
- March 1: Candidates receiving a negative recommendation from the Provost must contact the Chair
of the Appeals Committee if they intend to appeal the recommendation.
- April 1: Recommendations by the Appeals Committee are forwarded to the President for review.
- The Board of Trustees will be notified of the President’s recommendations of the candidates for tenure and/or promotion prior to the June board meeting.
- The Board of Trustees will review and vote on the recommendations at its June meeting.
- Upon notification of the Board’s approval, the President will notify the candidates
of the decision.
- September 1: Effective date of tenure and/or promotion of approved candidates