There are a number of calendars that are important for faculty and administrative staff, including:
Promotion & Tenure Calendar
- April 1: Deadline for candidates to declare intent to file for promotion and/or tenure to department/college.
- May 1: List of external reviewers due to department/college.
- September 1: Deans submit a list of all faculty applying for promotion and/or tenure to the Provost’s
Office. Email list to email@example.com.
- Internal deadline set by each College or School: Department Heads and Committees submit recommendations to College Committee.
- Internal deadline set by each College or School: College/School Committees submit recommendations to the Dean.
- December 1: Required documents from the candidates’ dossiers and recommendations of Department
Chairs, Department Committees, College Committees, and Deans submitted to the Provost
via OneDrive (see T&P Forms Page).
- February 1: Candidates notified of the Provost’s recommendation. Provost recommendations forwarded
to the President for review.
- March 1: Candidates receiving a negative recommendation from the Provost must contact the Chair
of the Appeals Committee if they intend to appeal the recommendation.
- April 1: Recommendations by the Appeals Committee are forwarded to the President for review.
- The Board of Trustees will be notified of the President’s recommendations of the candidates for tenure (only) and promotion and/or tenure prior to the June board meeting.
- The Board of Trustees will review and vote on the recommendations at its June meeting.
- Upon notification of the Board’s approval, the President will notify the candidates
of the decision.
- September 1: Effective date of tenure and/or promotion of approved candidates