Paying for College

Financial Aid

The Financial Aid Office administers federal, state, and institutional aid programs to qualified students. To receive financial aid, qualified students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents and qualifying non-citizens are eligible for federal financial aid.

Find more information on the Financial Aid Office!


University of Memphis Scholarships

The University of Memphis offers a number of selective scholarships to current and incoming students, including adult and transfer students. For more information, visit the Scholarship Office page.

Adult Scholarship

The Adult Scholarship is a highly selective scholarship program designed to help adult students reach their education goals. This scholarship is available to students who are 25+ years old and who meet the eligibility requirements.

Private Scholarships

The Community Foundation of Greater Memphis offers scholarships for adult learners.

Working on Campus

Working on campus is an option that can provide flexibility for an already busy student. Federal Work Study (FWS) is a need-based Financial Aid award available to students who qualify based on their FAFSA. Regular Student Employment (RSE) offers on-campus, part-time jobs to students who do not qualify for FWS.

Find more information on student employment!

Senior Discount

Students aged 60 and above may audit course without paying tuition charges. Students aged 65 and above may enroll in college courses for credit at half-have of the normal fee, not to exceed $70 per semester. 

Find more information on the Senior Discount!

Payment Plans

The Installment Payment Plan (IPP) is offered for qualified students during the fall and spring semesters. 

Find more information on the IPP!

Company Pay/Third-Party Billing

If your employer provides tuition support, they may be able to pay the University directly for your tuition.

Find more information on Third-Party Billing!

Find out if your employer offers this option!

Veterans Benefits

Both Veterans Educational Benefits & Certification (VEBC) and Veterans & Military Student Services (VMSS) are here to help you.If you have questions about your educational benefits, contact VEBC at 901.678-2996 or vetedbenefits@memphis.edu. If you have questions about getting involved with VMSS or the Student Veteran Organization (SVO), contact VMSS at 910.678.4269 or veterans@memphis.edu.