NOTE: The University of Memphis is implementing a new application process for graduates. If you have already begun the application process, go to 'Applications in Progress.'
For All New Applicants
Graduate School Application Requirements:
- Entrance examination test scores
- Transcripts from previous schools and universities
- Additional requirements for international students
Department of Anthropology Application Requirements:
- Three letters of recommendation (at least 2 of 3 must be from academic references)
- Personal statement
- Graduate Assistantship Application (only required if seeking funding)
- A sample of your best writing (5 pages minimum). Recommended for all, required if seeking a Graduate Assistantship.
Secure Online Application (link will go here)
If you have previously completed a graduate application to the University, all future graduate application fees are waived. Please contact Graduate Admissions (901-678-3685 or email@example.com) for a coupon code for you to use within a day of submitting your next application.
- January 31 - May 1
- Applications submitted by January 31 will receive greater consideration for funding.
- Applications received after May 1 will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- September 1 - November 30
Prospective Student Resources
- Anthropology Program Requirements and Course Descriptions
- Anthropology Department Master's Practicum
- Anthropology Department Comprehensive Written and Oral Exams
- Anthropology Department Graduate Student Handbook
- Anthropology Department Learning Goals and Objectives
- The Graduate School
- The Graduate School Application Checklist
- Financial Aid Department
- Hints for Finding a Graduate Assistantship
- ServiceMaster Design & Innovation Ethnography Fellowship Fall 2018
Office of Graduate Admissions
Department of Anthropology
Dr. Ted Maclin, Graduate Coordinator