B&F Tactical Plan: Collaboration
We seek partnerships both within and beyond the University to enhance our actions
and our outcomes.
- Conduct an analysis of University Police staffing/operations utilizing best practices
from national organizations, comparison to institutions both current and aspirational
and Clery standards. The goal is to allocate resources to support a community policing
model that has been discussed but not implemented for quite some time.
- Create a stakeholder advisory board separate from ICAT group that will assist and
guide implementation of a community policing model. The intent will be enhanced communication
throughout the institution focusing on campus safety and partnerships that extended
beyond incident response.
- Increase academic engagement with graduate assistants, student workers, and utilizing
real-world project examples in collaboration with Architecture, City and Regional
Planning, Engineering and other programs.
- Work with Department of Education to repurpose space for potential industry use through
additive manufacturing or industry partnerships that provide UofM internships.
- Develop strategies that allow for collaboration with both internal and external entities
on environmental, health and safety opportunities.
- Implement internal marketing plan “Bring it to Memphis.” (Work now for educational
conferences two to three years out.)
- Take over meeting room management of FEC meeting rooms on 8/1, and implement external
marketing plan. Building new partnerships and relationships with the other FEC building
occupants and external stakeholders.
- Maintain external client interaction and confidence campaign of our departmental and
University knowledge/efforts to have safe meetings when allowable.
- Collaborate with UofM Global in the development of billing and accounting for corporate
- Identify key components for Memphis’ best employers and compare with our current state
of employee engagement and establish a strategic plan to close the gap.