B&F Tactical Plan: Service
Our purpose is to benefit our students and society through knowledge and effort.
- Lead the health and safety initiative as part of the return to campus plan.
- Implement Maxient software to use for tracking COVID-19 contact tracing as well as
to transition all manual processes related to Employee Complaints/Grievances/Performance
Improvement Plans and Performance Management Plans into an electronic process.
- Roll out the implementation of Electronic Employment Offer Letters for faculty through
WorkforUM decreasing the time to process.
- Leverage technology with a third-party collection billing provider to increase current
collections of outstanding receivables for efficiencies and cost reductions.
- Further expand AP virtual card vendor payments to reduce check processing cost and
generate additional rebate revenue.
- Complete Implementation of new work order management system to automate processing.
- Develop and implement a more efficient and cost-effective trash collection and removal
- Implement Boot Policy for enforcement of unidentified vehicles parked on campus to
avoid having to tow the vehicle to offsite tow facility.
- Renovate Zach Curlin parking lots 5, 50 and 51.
- Create a long-term facility budget for the UC and Rose Theatre to plan for major repairs
and upgrades in coming years.
- Continue campus standards for sustainability/ products/design aspects/interiors/ architectural
to allow innovative design solutions that can be maintained efficiently.
- Develop enhanced energy/sustainability savings with LED lighting, window replacements,
chiller optimization, HVAC controls and analytics.
- Enhance areas of inspection through new techniques and develop technological solutions
for completing required training.
- Provide in-house document shredding to the campus community to process a greater volume
of shredding at a lower cost.
- Improve the recycling operation and its ROI by increasing throughput and obtaining
a better price for recyclables.
- Provide an in-house moving operation for small jobs.
- Develop and implement a master plan for the Building Automation Control System (BAS).
- Implement e-Contracts for temporary employees creating efficiencies for all University
- Implement online completion and tracking of I-9s for all students employed by the
- Assess and fully integrate Faculty Administrative Services functions within Human
Resources to streamline processes and increase services to faculty.
- Manage/maintain positive rental property budget with loss of properties due to Stella
- Develop and implement a mentoring and peer-to-peer professional development program
to increase employee development throughout campus while simultaneously increasing
the LinkedIn Learning usage rate among faculty and staff by 30%.
- Develop financial and operationally critical dashboards with key metrics for executive
reporting that provide monthly/quarterly updates.
- Implement Campus Wide Budget Snapshot dashboard.
- Continue to review Financial Planning’s processes to increase efficiency. This includes
developing workflows for online finance budget revisions currently submitted via paper.