The College of Arts & Sciences Dean's office provides a series of workshops each semester. The workshops are specific to college faculty and staff with topics ranging from advising, book publishing, professional development, research grants, and more. For questions, please contact Dr. Keri Brondo
Upcoming Workshops for Fall 2023
The publication of monographs, textbooks, and edited books are highly valued scholarly achievements, but the process can be confusing or intimidating for first-time authors. Join this panel to hear CAS authors’ experiences about the publication process. Topics include: pros and cons of authoring and editing books at various career stages; identifying publishers and editors for your project; preparing an effective prospectus; and negotiating contracts. Panelist comments will be followed by Q&A.
Friday, October 27, 1-2:30 PM - UC Senate Chamber
- Melanie Conroy, Associate Professor, World Languages and Literatures
- Stephen Diko, Assistant Professor, City and Regional Planning
- Davia Cox Downey, Associate Professor, Public and Nonprofit Administration
- Andrew Olney, Professor, Institute for Intelligent Systems
- Beverly Tsacoyianis, Associate Professor, History
- Terrence Tucker, Associate Professor, English
Next up in the series...
Faculty Research Grants: What are they and how can I apply?
Thursday, December 8, 1-2:30 PM
- More information to come
The Value of a Professional Development Assignment
Join us to hear strategies for making the most out of your sabbatical! Panelists will share brief overviews of their PDA activity and tips for goal-setting, time management, and identifying professional development activities while on leave.
Date: Friday, September 8 1-2:30.
Location: 2nd Floor Library Commons Area
- Vania Barraza, Professor, World Languages and Literature
- Scott Fleming, Associate Professor, Computer Science
- Aram Goudsouzian, Professor, History
- Shelley Keith, Professor, Criminology and Criminal Justice
- SunAh Laybourn, Assistant Professor, Sociology