Research About Early Brain Development
Click on a link below to review research centered around Social and Emotional Development and Early Literacy.
- LENA Study sheds light on the importance of conversational turns
- The 30 Million Word Gap The Role of Parent-Child Verbal Interaction in Language and Literacy Development
- Nurturing Parenting Programs - Evidence based programs with 25 years of validation
- Nurturing Parenting Programs are building Protective Factors in Families
- Adverse Childhood Experiences Study
- Adverse Childhood Experiences Study in Shelby County
Click on a link below to visit partnering agencies providing services or research on young children.
- The Urban Child Institute
- Memphis Speech and Hearing Center
- Tennessee Early Intervention System
- Hardwood Center
- Tennessee Commission on Children and Youth
- The TN Childcare Resource & Referral
- TN Child Care Rules and Regulations
- Shelby County Poverty Fact Sheets
- Center for Youth Wellness
- Alberta Family Wellness Initiative
Watch these videos to learn more about adverse childhood experiences and its lifelong effects.
We believe language is the key to unlocking every child's potential. Watch this video to decide if you give every child the opportunity to find their voice?
Learn more about the Adverse Childhood Experience (ACE) Awareness Foundation and its role in helping families and communities in Memphis, Tennessee to address — or even reverse — the harmful impact of toxic stress by watching this video, Reclaiming Joy.