Emeritus Associate Professor
Ph.D. 1985, University of Nebraska, Lincoln
1964-65 Trainee, Dept. of Atomic Energy, Bombay, India
1965-79 Scientific Officer, Bhabha Atomic Res. Center; Dept. of Atomic Energy, Bombay
1969-70 Visiting Scientist, Central Bureau for Nuclear Measurement, Euratom, Geel, Belgium
1979-84 Research/Teaching Assistant, Univ. of Nebraska, Lincoln
1984-86 Research Associate, Stout Neuroscience Mass Spectrometry Laboratory, Univ. of Tennessee, Memphis
1988-1994 Assistant Professor, Stout Neuroscence Mass Spectrometry Laboratory and Department of Neurology, Univ. of Tennessee, Memphis
1994-1996 Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, The University of Memphis, Memphis.
1994-present Associate Adjunct Professor, Stout Neuroscence Mass Spectrometry Laboratory and Department of Neurology, Univ. of Tennessee, Memphis
1996-2013 Associate Professor, Department of Chemistry, The University of Memphis, Memphis.
2013-present Emeritus Associate Professor, Department of Chemistry, The University of Memphis, Memphis.
Analytical Chemistry; Mass Spectrometry; Separation Science
Dass Research Group: Mass Spectrometry
Conformation of Proteins and Peptides: One of the objectives of our current research program is to investigate conformational states of proteins and peptides in "membrane-mimetic" environment. Polypeptides orient themselves into a stable folded structure that is essential for their proper functioning when in contact with the lipid phase of the target cell membrane. Incorporation of peptides into liposomes (lipid vesicles) and certain organic solvents (e.g., methanol, trifluroethanol, and 1-chloroethanol) will create "membrane-mimetic" environment. These solvents are known to induce secondary structures in the peptide chain. Subtle changes in conformation are frequently used in nature to modulate or regulate protein's function. Similarly, in order to perform its function, a peptide must assume a particular conformation that can fit into the receptor cavity. Biological activity of peptide hormones is believed to correlate to their affinities for phospholipid membranes and their conformations in the membrane-bound state. Experimentally, we induce secondary structures by dissolving the target peptides in trifluoroethanol or other organic solvents and bringing them in contact with phospholipid vesicles. Changes in the structure are investigated by (a) determining the charge-state distribution (CSD) with electrospray ionization-mass spectrometry (ESI-MS), (b) monitoring the hydrogen/deuterium exchange (HDX) rates with ESI-MS and matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization (MALDI)-MS techniques, and (c) acquiring tandem mass (MS/MS) spectra of the deuterated peptides to precisely pinpoint the amino acid residues involved in the secondary structure. Several peptides and proteins have been studied with this protocol.
Proteomics: Our other focus is to structurally characterize proteins in bovine and porcine pituitary and adrenal glands using proteomics Attempts are being made to determine the complete chemical composition of bovine and adrenal glands. Pituitary and adrenal glands synthesize a variety of proteins that play critical roles in the functioning of hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis. Pituitary is an important link between nervous system and the endocrine system. A large number of hormones and bioactive peptides, such as opioid peptides (enkephalins, endorphins, dynorphins), ACTH, CRF, neuropeptides Y, etc., are produced from these glands and have numerous functional roles, including control of growth, sexual development, and metabolism, pain suppression, influence on the immune system, maintenance of the vascular response, and protection of the body against stress. Therefore, for understanding of proper functioning of these vital organs, it is important to have knowledge of their chemical composition. Two mass spectrometry-based proteomic approaches, namely peptide-mass fingerprinting (PMF) and sequence-ions approach are commonly used.
- Dass, C., "Fundamentals of Contemporary Mass Spectrometry", Wiley, New York, 2007, 585 pages.
- Dass, C., "Principle and Practice of Biological Mass Spectrometry", Wiley, New York, 2000, 416 pages.
- Dass, C. "Mass Spectrometry, De Novo Sequencing of Peptides," Wiley Encyclopedia of Chemical Biology, Wiley-Blackwell, Hoboken, Article Online Posting Date: March 13, 2009, DOI: 10.1002/9780470048672.wecb720.
- Dass, C., Choice of ionization for analysis of various substances: peptides and proteins, in Encyclopedia of Mass Spectrometry, Volume 6: Molecular Ionization Methods, Gross, M. L., Ed., Elsevier, New York, 2007, pp. 856-867.
- Dass, C., Cycloreversion Reactions, in Encyclopedia of Mass Spectrometry, Volume 4: Fundamentals of and Applications to Organic Compounds, Nibbering, N.M.M., Ed., Elsevier, New York, 2005, pp. 378-385.
- Dass, C., Kinetic isotope effects, in Encyclopedia of Mass Spectrometry, Volume 4: Fundamentals of and Applications to Organic Compounds, Nibbering, N.M.M., Ed., Elsevier, New York , 2005, pp. 39-49.
- Dass, C., Analysis of phosphorylated proteins by mass spectrometry, in Mass Spectrometry of Biological Materials, B.S. Larsen and McEwen, C., Eds., Marcel Dekker, New York, NY, Chapter 10, 247-280 (1998).
- Dass, C., High-performance liquid chromatography/electrospray ionization mass spectrometry, in Handbook of Analytical Methods, Settle, F.A., Ed., Prentice Hall, Chap. 31, pp. 647-664 (1997).
- Dass, C. Mass spectrometry: instrumentation and techniques, in "Mass Spectrometry; Clinical Applications", D. M. Desiderio, Ed., Plenum Press, 1-52 (1994).
- Desiderio, D.M., Dass, C., and Fridland, G.H., Analysis of neuropeptides in the human trigeminal system, The biological Mechanisms of Tooth Movement and Carnofacial Adaption, Davidovitch, Z., Ed., EBSCO Media, Birmingham, AL, pp. 465-467 (1992).
- Dass, C. Applications of mass spectrometry for characterization of neuropeptides, in "Mass Spectrometry of Peptides", Desiderio, D.M., Ed., pp. 327-346, CRC Press, Boca Raton, (1991).
- Desiderio, D.M., Fridland, G.H., Tanzer, F.S., Dass, C., Tinsley, P., and Killmar, J. In J.J. L'Italein, Ed., Proteins, pp. 269-282, Plenum Publishing Co. (1987).
- Desiderio, D.M., Takeshita, H., Onishi, H., Tanzer, F.S., Wakelyn, C. and Dass, C., Analysis of endogenous opioid peptides with HPLC, radioreceptorassay, radioimmunoassay, and mass spectrometry, in Opioid Peptides: Molecular Pharmacology, Biosynthesis, and Analysis, NIDA Research Monograph 70, Rapaka, R.S. and Hawks, R.L., Eds., NIDA, Rockville, MD, 1986, pp. 304-318.
- Desiderio, D.M., Takeshita, H., Onishi, H., Fridland, G., Tanzer, F., Wakelin, C., and Dass, C. Metabolic profiling of pituitary peptides by a novel combination of RP-HPLC, RRA, RIA, and MS. Peptides: Structure and Function", Pierce Chemical Co., pp. 715-718 (1985).
- Kosanam, H., Ramagiri, S., Dass, C, Quantification of Endogenous α- and γ-Endorphins in Rat Brain by LC-MS/MS, Analytical Biochemistry, 2009, 392, 83-89.
- Dass, C. "Recent Developments in Mass Spectrometry Analysis of Phosphoproteomes," Current Proteomics, 2009, 6, 32-42.
- Jalili, P. R., Dass, C., Determination of the Structure of Lipid Vesicle-bound Angiotensin II and Angiotinsin I, Analytical Biochemistry,374, 346-357, 2008.
- Cai, X and Dass, C. Conformational Analysis of Dynorphin A (1-13) using Hydrogen-deuterium Exchange and Tandem Mass Spectrometry, European Journal of Mass Spectrometry, 13, 409-417 2007.
- Cai, X and Dass, C. Structural characterization of methionine- and leucine-enkephalins by H/D exchange and ESI-MS/MS, Rapid Communication in Mass Spectrometry, 19, 1-8, 2005.
- Huang, B. X., Dass, C, Kim, H.-Y., Probing conformational changes of human serum albumin due to unsaturated fatty acid binding by chemical cross-linking and mass spectrometry, Biochemical Journal, 387, 695-702, 2005.
- Mayur, Y. C., Hegde, R., Dass, C., and Thimmaiah, K.N., Liquid secondary ionization mass spectrometry analysis of phenoxazine MDR modulators, Indian Journal of Heterocyclic Chemistry, 14, 239-244, 2005.
- Jalili, P. R., Gheyi, T, Dass, C., Proteome analysis in bovine adrenal medulla using MALDI-TOF MS, Rapid Communication in Mass Spectrometry, 18, 914-918, 2004.
- Huang, B. X., Dass, C, Kim, H.-Y., Probing three-dimensional structure of bovine serum albumin by chemical cross-linking and mass spectrometry, Journal of American Society for Mass Spectrometry, 15, 1237-1247, 2004.
- Jalili, P. R., Dass, C., Proteome analysis in bovine adrenal medulla using liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry, Rapid Communication in Mass Spectrometry, 18, 1877-1884, 2004.
- Cai, X and Dass, C. Conformational analysis of proteins and peptides, Current Organic Chemistry, 7, 1841-1854, 2003.
- Jayawardene, D., Dass, C., Fragmentation Characteristics of Peptide-metal Ion Adducts under MALDI-PSD-TOFMS Conditions, J. Mass Spectrometry, 37, (2002).
- Lin, H. and Dass, C. A mass spectrometry investigation of the conformational changes in adrenocorticotropic hormone,European Journal of Mass Spectrometry, 8, 381-387, 2002.
- Wang, H. and Dass, C. Characterization of bioactive peptides in bovine adrenal medulla by a combination of fast HPLC and ESI-MS, Peptides, 23, 2143-2150, 2002.
- Lin, H. and Dass, C., Conformational changes in beta-endorphin as studied by electrospray ionization mass spectrometry, Rapid Commun. Mass Spectrom., 15, 2341 (2001).
- Channu, B.C., Kalpana, H.N., Ramesh, L., Dass, C., Eregowda, G.B., and Thimmaiah, K.N., Spectral and cyclic voltammetric analysis of oxidized products of 10-[4'-(N-diethylamino)butyl]-2-chloro-phenoxazines and its applications in redox titrimetry, Microchima Acta, 134, 115 (2000).
- Dass, C., Analysis of phosphorylated proteins by mass spectrometry, Applied Spectroscopy
Reviews, 35, 95-128 (2000).
Kalpana, H.N., Channu, B.C., Dass, C., Houghton, P.J., and Thimmaiah, K.N., Hydrophobic interaction of phenoxazine modulators with bovine serum albumin, Proc. Indian Acad. Sci. (Chem. Sci.), 112, 51-61 (2000).
- Channu, B.C., Kalpana, H.N., Eregowda, G.B., Dass, C., Houghton, P.J., and Thimmaiah, K.N., Interaction of substituted phenoxazine chemosensitizers with bovine serum albumin, Journal of Pharmaceutical & Biomedical Analysis,21, 775-785 (1999).
- Zhu, X. and Dass, C., Analysis of phosphoenkephalins by combined high-performance liquid chromatography and electrospray ionization mass spectrometry, J. Liq. Chrom. Rel. Technol., 22, 1635-1647 (1999).
- Dass, C., Recent developments and applications of high-performance liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization mass spectrometry, Current Organic Chemistry, 3, 193-209 (1999).
- Li, S. and Dass, C., Iron(III)-immobilized metal ion affinity chromatography and mass spectrometry for the purification and characterization of synthetic phophopeptides, Analytical Biochemistry, 270, 9-14 (1999).
- Eregowda, G.B., Krishnagowda, G., Dass, C., Horton, J.K., Houghton, P.J., and Thimmaiah, K.N., Structural requirements for activity of phenoxazines for reversal of drug resistance in cancer cells, Asian Journal of Chemistry, 11, 878-905 (1999).
- Jayawardene, D. and Dass, C., The effect of N-terminal acetylation and inhibition activity of acetylated enkephalins on the aminopeptidase M-catalyzed hydrolysis of enkephalins, Peptides, 20, 963-970 (1999).
- Kendall, R. and Dass, C., The role of liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry in the analysis of biological compounds: an example of the analysis of b-blockers, Journal of Southern Association of Agricultural Scientists, 12, 1-6 (1999).
- Li, S. and Dass, C., Detection of phosphopeptides in bovine adrenal medulla by using iron(III)-immobilized metal ion affinity chromatography and mass spectrometry, European Mass Spectrometry, 5, 279-284 (1999).
- Dass, C., Thimmaiah, K.N., Jayashree, B.S., and Houghton, P.J., Liquid secondary ionization mass spectrometry and collision-induced dissociation of 2-chloro-N10-substituted phenoxazines, J. Mass Spectrometry, 32, 1279-1289 (1997).
- Wood, G. C., Dass, C., Iyer, M.R., Fleischner, A.M., and Sheth, B.B., Stability of deslorelin in deslorelin parenteral injection, PDA J. Pharmaceut. Sc. Tech., 51, 176-180 (1997)
- Dass, C. and Mahalakshmi, P., Phosphorylation of enkephalins enhances their proteolytic stability, Life Sc., 58, 1039-1054 (1996)
- Dass, C., The role of liquid matrix in controlling the FAB-induced fragmentation, J. Mass Spectrometry, 31, 77-82 (1996).
- Fan, L., Dass, C., Burkey, T.L. Synthesis and thermal decomposition of 15N-labelled NTO, J. Labelled Comp. Radiopharm., 23, 87-94 (1996).
- Raju, C.N., Dass C., and Reddy, G. S., Electron impact and high resolution mass spectrometry studies of 2-substituted-3-(4-methylphenyl)-napth[1,2-e](1,3,2)oxazaphosphorine 2-oxides/sulphides, Ind. J. Hetrocyc. Chem., 4, 281-284, 1995.
- Reddy, C.D., Reddy, G.T., Raju, C.N., Dass C., and Reddy, G. S., Electron impact, high resolution, and collision activation dissociation mass spectral studies of 2-aryloxy-naphtho-diazaphosphorine 2-oxides, Ind. J. Hetrocyc. Chem., 4, 285-288, 1995.
- Reddy, C.D., Reddy, M.S., Raju, C.N., Dass C., and Reddy, G. S., Mass spectrometric studies of new organophosphorus hetrocyclic compounds: 1H, 5H-benzo [c] [2,4,3] dithiaphosphepine 3-oxides, Ind. J. Hetrocyc. Chem., 5, 49-54, 1995.
- Dass, C. and Mahalakshmi, P., Amino acid sequence determination of phosphoenkephalins by using liquid secondary ionization mass spectrometry, Rapid Commun. Mass Spectrometry, 9, 1148-1154 (1995).
- Agbas, A., Ahmed, M.S., MIllington, W., Cemerikic, B., Desiderio, D.M., Tseng, J.L., and Dass, C., Dynorphin A1-8 in human placenta: amino acid sequence data obtained from tandem mass spectrometry, Peptides, 16, 623-627 (1995).
- Dass, C., Mahalakshmi, P. Grandberry, G., Manipulation of ion-pairing reagents for RP-HPLC separation of phosphorylated opioid peptides from their non-phosphorylated anlogues, J. Chromatgr. A, 678, 249-257 (1994).
- Dass, C., Gas-phase fragmentation reactions of protonated glycerol and its oligomers: metastable and collision-induced dissociation reactions, associated deuterium isotope effects, and the structures of [C3H5O]+, [C2H5O]+, [C2H4O]+., and [C2H3O]+ ions, Organic Mass Spectrometry, 29, 475-482 (1994).
- Dass, C., Thimmaiah, K.N., Jayashree, B.S., Seshadri, R., Israel, M., and Houghton, P.J. Analysis of phenoxazine chemosensitizers: an electron ionization and keV-ion beam bombardment mass spectrometry study, Biol. Mass Spectrom., 22, 140-146 (1994).
- Nishimoto, S.K., Zhao, J., and Dass, C. Isolation and characterization of the reaction product of 4-diazobenzenesulfonic acid and g-carboxyglutamic acid: modification of the assay for measurement of b-carboxyaspartic acid, Anal. Biochem.,216, 159-164 (1994).
- Dass, C., Ion-molecule reactions of ketene+. as a diagnostic probe for distinguishing isomeric alkenes, alkynes, and dienes: a study of the C4H8 and C5H8 isomeric hydrocarbons, Org. Mass Spectrom., 28, 940-944 (1993).
- Dass, C., Collision-induced dissociation of the M+. and [M + H]+ ions of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons produced by keV-ion bombardment, Org. Mass Spectrom., 28, 470-472 (1993).
- Bassalle, R., Gorea, A., Shalit, I., Metzger, J., Dass, C., and Desiderio, D.M., and Fridkin, M., Structure-function studies of amphiphilic antibacterial peptides, J. Med. Chem., 36, 1203-1209 (1993).
- Dass, C., Dimerization of the ketene cation radical in the gas phase, Rapid Commun. Mass Spectrom., 7, 95-98 (1993).
- Desiderio, D.M., Kusmierz, J.J., X. Zhu, Dass, C., Hilton, D.H., Robertson, J.T., and Sacks, H.S., Mass spectrometric analysis of opioid and techykinin neuropeptides in non-secreting and ACTH-secreting human pituitary adenomas, Biol. Mass Spectrom., 22, 89-97 (1993).
- Relling, M.V., Evans, R., Dass, C., Desiderio, D.M., and Nemec, J., Human cytochrome P450 metabolism of teniposide and etoposide, J. Pharm. exper. Ther., 261, 491-496 (1992).
- Hockenhull-Johnson, J.D., Stern, M.S., Martin, P., Dass, C., Desiderio, D.M., Wittenberg, J.B., Vinogradov, S.N., and Walz, D.A., The amino acid sequence of hemoglobin II from tje symbiont-harboring clam Lucina pectinata, J. Protein Chem., 10, 609-622 (1991).
- Kusmierz, J.J., Dass, C., and Desiderio, D.M., Mass Spectrometric measurement of ?-endorphin and methionine enkephalin in human pituitaries: tumor and post-mortom controls, Int. J. Mass Spectrom. Ion Proc., 111, 247-262 (1991).
- Dass, C., Kusmierz, J.J., and Desiderio, D.M., Mass Spectrometric quantification of endogenous b-endorphin, Biol. Mass Spectrom., 20, 130-138, (1991).
- Dass, C., Kusmierz, J., Desiderio, D.M., Jarvis, S.A., and Green, B.N., Electrospray mass spectrometry for the analysis of opioid peptides and for the quantification of endogenous methionine enkephalin and b-endorphin, J. Am. Soc. Mass Spectrom., 2, 149-156 (1991).
- Dass, C. Mass spectral analysis of sulfated leucine enkephalin using fast atom bombardment and linked-field scan techniques, Org. Mass Spectrom, 25, 559-562 (1990).
- Dass, C. Fast atom bombardment combined with mass spectrometry for characterization of polycyclic armatic hydrocarbons, J. Am. Soc. Mass Spectrom, 1, 405-412 (1990).
- Tinsley, P.W., Dass, C., Trimble, J.W., and Desiderio, D.M., Identification of methionine enkephalin in the bovine cornea by fast atom bombardment mass spectrometry, Exp. Eye Res, 51, 671-674 (1990).
- Liu, D., Dass, C., and Desiderio, D.M. Opioid and tachykinin peptides, and their precursor-processing enzymes in human CSF. J. Chromatogr., 500, 395-412 (1990).
- Dass, C. Pericyclic reactions of radical cations, Mass Spectrom. Rev., 9, 1-35 (1990).
- Dass, C. and Gross, M.L. The structures of decomposing and non-decomposing gas-phase C4H6O+. radical cations, and their C2H2O+. and C3H6+. daughter ions, Org. Mass Spectrom., 25, 24-32 (1990).
- Arafat, E.S., Trimble, J.W., Andersen, R.M., Dass, C., and Desiderio, D.M. Identification of fatty acid amides in human plasma, Life Sci. 45, 1679-1687 (1990).
- Dass, C. Characterization of phosphorylated amino acids by fast atom bombardment mass spectrometry, Rap. Commun. Mass Spectrom., 3, 264-266 (1989).
- Dass, C., Fridland, G., Tinsley, P., Killmar, J., and Desiderio, D.M. Structural characterization of b-endorphin in human pituitary by fast atom bombardment mass spectrometry of trypsin generated fragments. Int. J. Pept. Prot. Res., 34, 81-87 (1989).
- Dass, C. and Desiderio, D.M. Characterization of neuropeptides by fast atom bombardment and B/E linked-field scan techniques. Int. J. Mass Spectrom. Ion Proc. 92, 267-287 (1989).
- Dass, C., Seshadri, R., Israel, M., and Desiderio, D.M. Fast atom bombardment mass spectrometric analysis of anthracyclinones and anthracyclines. Biomed. Environ. Mass Spectrom., 17, 37-45 (1988).
- Dass, C. and Desiderio, D.M. Particle beam-induced adduct formation between peptides and liquid matrices. Anal. Chem. 60, 2723-2729 (1988).
- Dass., C. Robinson, C.M., Pflug, J.L., and Desiderio, D.M. Mass spectral fragmentation of a,b-unsaturated esters: a study on the meta and para derivatives of ethyl cinnamates, Org. Mass Spectrom. 23, 852-858 (1988).
- Tanzer, F.S., Tolun, E., Fridland, G.H., Dass, C., Killmar, J., Tinsley, P.W, and Desiderio, D.M. Methionine enkephalin in human teeth, Int. J. Pept. Prot. Res., 32, 117-122 (1988).
- Walz, D.A., Wider, M.D., Snow, J.W., Dass, C., Desiderio, D.M., and Gantz, I. The complete amino acid sequence of porcine gastrin: an ileal protein which stimulates gastric acid and pepsinogen secretion, J. Biol. Chem., 263, 14189-14195 (1988).
- Ahmed, M.S., Randall, L.W., Sibai, B., Dass, C., Fridland, G., Desiderio, D.M., and Tolun, E. Identification of dynorphin 1-8 in human placenta by mass spectrometry. Life Sci. 40, 2067 (1987).
- Tolun, E., Dass, C., and Desiderio, D.M. Trace level measurement of enkephalin peptides at the attomole/femtomole level by FAB-MS. Rapd. Commun. Mass Spectrom. 1, 77-79 (1987).
- Dass, C. and Desiderio, D.M. Fast atom bombardment mass spectrometry analysis of opioid peptides. Anal. Biochem.163, 52 (1987).
- D.M. Desiderio and Dass, C. The measurement of leucine enkephalin at the femtomole level by fast atom bombardment mass spectrometry/mass spectrometry methods. Analyt. Lett., 19, 1963 (1986).
- Dass, C., Peake, D.A. and Gross, M.L. Structures of the gas-phase C5H8+. radical cations: a collisional ionization study, Org. Mass Spectrom., 21, 741-746 (1986).
- Desiderio, D.M., Takeshita, H., Onishi, H., Fridland, G., and Dass, C. Metabolic profiling of pituitary peptides by a novel combination of HPLC, RRA, RIA, and MS. Adv. Mass Spectrom., 10, 623-624 (1985).
- Dass, C., and Gross, M.L. The question of cyclic vs. acyclic ions: the structure of C10H12 gas-phase ions. Org. Mass Spectrom., 20, 34-40 (1985).
- Dass, C., and Gross, M.L. [2+1] Cycloaddition of ketene radical cation and ethylene. J. Am. Chem. Soc., 106, 5775-5780 (1984).
- Dass, C., Sack, M., and Gross, M.L. Electrocyclic reactions of gas-phase 1-methyl- and 3-methylcyclobutene radical cations. J. Am. Chem. Soc., 106, 5780-5786 (1984).
- Dass, C., and Gross, M.L. A mass spectrometry/mass spectrometry investigation of the nature of C10H10, C9H7 and C10H8 gas-phase ions. Org. Mass Spectrom., 18, 542-546 (1983).
- Dass, C., and Gross, M.L. Electrocyclic ring opening of 1-phenyl- and 3-phenylcyclobutene ions. J. Am. Chem. Soc., 105, 5724-5729 (1983).
- Carr, J.D., and Dass, C. Phenol-hypochlorite as a spectrophotometric reagent for the estimation of methylamine. Anal. Lett., 14, 815-824 (1980).
- Paul, S.D., Krishnan, M.S., and Dass, C. Ind. J. Chem., 7, 299-300 (1969).
- Mass spectrometry and Hyphenated Techniques in Neuropeptide Research by J. Silberring and R. Ekman, John-Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York in Journal of American Society for Mass Spectrometry, 14, 81-82, 2003.
- Introduction to Mass Spectrometry, edited by S. K. Aggarwal and H. C. Jain, Indian Society for Mass Spectrometry, 1997, published in Journal of American Society for Mass Spectrometry, 9, 345-346, 1998.
- Protein and Peptide Analysis by Mass Spectrometry, Edited by J. R. Chapman, Humana Press, New Jersey 1996, Published in Journal of American Society for Mass Spectrometry, 8, 296-297, 1997.
- Introductory Chemistry, by Darrell Ebbing and R.A.D. Wentworth, Houghton Mifflin, Boston, 1995 (Review for the publisher).