Master of Arts in Economics
Learn In-Demand Skills
In the MA in Economics program at the University of Memphis, you will acquire:
- A solid foundation in economic theory and analysis;
- Quantitative skills to effectively address research problems; and
- The ability to make significant contributions as a professional economist or within a functional area of business.
A STEM-Designated Degree
The M.A. in Economics is a STEM-designated degree according to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. International students completing the program may apply for 3 years of work in the United States through the extended OPT program. You can find more details here.
- We prepare you for the best PhD programs in the world.
- Recent graduates have attended PhD programs in economics at the University of California-Santa Barbara, Vanderbilt University, and the University of Colorado-Boulder.
- We prepare you for top jobs in the private sector, such as consulting, data analytics, and finance in Memphis as well as other major cities like New York and Washington D.C.
- Through our partnership with the National Association for Business Economists (NABE), you can earn the Certified Business Economist (CBE) designation in addition to your MA degree.
If you would like to know more details about the admission requirements and process, graduate assistantships, structure of the program, specific curriculum requirements, expenses, etc. please follow the hyperlinks or navigate the left hand side menu (bottom menu on mobile). Also, we have a Frequently Asked Questions section. If you can't find the information you are looking for, please send us an information request below.