Accelerated B.A./M.A. Program
- Outstanding undergraduate Economics majors at the University of Memphis may begin coursework for the MA in Economics during their senior year.
- Up to 12 hours of graduate coursework may count for both the B.A. and M.A. degrees.
- Students may complete the M.A. degree in one additional year (after completion of the B.A. degree).
- Be a rising senior with a grade point average of at least 3.00;
- Submit a copy of your transcript to the Department of Economics;
- Receive three endorsements from department faculty members;
- Complete an interview with the M.A. Coordinator;
- Apply for full admission into the Graduate School and into the M.A. Economics upon completion of the undergraduate degree.
If you are interested, you are encouraged to begin planning for it early in your undergraduate career. Consult your undergraduate advisor and the M.A. Coordinator of the Department of Economics.