Annual Benefits Open Enrollment Period
It’s time to elect or update your benefits for 2023. This year's benefits open enrollment period is October 1-14. Changes made during this period will become effective January 1, 2023.
- If you want to keep your current coverage for 2023 and make no changes, your current coverage will roll over to 2023. Exception: You must re-enroll in FSA and HSA each year.
- Health plans and health network options are the same as last year, but many health insurance premiums, co-pays, coinsurance and deductibles are increasing.
- The vision provider will change from Davis Vision to EyeMed, and premiums will increase.
- Employees needing to make changes to their benefit selections may visit memphis.edu/edison to access the State of Tennessee’s Edison system via single sign-on, using your UofM credentials (the same username and password you use to access the MyMemphis portal).
IT Security Awareness Training
Required IT Security Awareness training for UofM faculty and staff will be available Oct. 3-Feb. 28. Training is mandatory for each employee who receives an enrollment email with instructions for accessing the KnowBe4 system.
For those who completed previous training before the deadline, training will take approximately 15 minutes. For all others, training is approximately 30 minutes. If you have questions or experience issues with the KnowBe4 system, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Experiential Learning Fellowship
The College of Arts & Sciences (CAS) welcomes applications for our Experiential Learning Fellowship. This funding is to support CAS students who will be participating in otherwise unpaid mentored research, practica placements, or internships related to their field of study. CAS is offering $400 one-time awards to eligible applicants for Spring 2023. Please share this announcement with eligible students.
Applicants must have declared majors in the College of Arts & Sciences and be participating in otherwise unpaid mentored research or practica placements or internship placements related to their field of study. Applicants must identify a sponsoring faculty member who has reviewed and approved the research/internship proposal and will monitor the placement.
- Selection Criteria:
- Declared major in a College of Arts & Sciences program and in good academic standing
- Relevance of proposed experience to program of study
- Relevance of proposed experience to planned career pathway after degree completion
- Imminence of planned graduation date
- Confirmation of placement by sponsoring faculty member
The awardee will be selected by a committee composed of members of the Dean's staff. All candidates will be informed of the committee's decision. Applications should be submitted to the below link no later than Friday, October 14th, 2022. Complete the Application
*Applicants must be in the College of Arts & Sciences and have a sponsoring CAS faculty member.