Introduction to Java 8 Programming for OO Experienced Developers (C#, C++, etc.)
- This training is being held virtually via Zoom
- Each daily session will start at 8:30 AM and finish at 5:30 PM. All times are in the CENTRAL Time Zone.
- Instructor: FastLane US
These classes can be paid for by invoice billing to your cost center or by you personally. Please obtain manager approval to use the cost center in writing (email).
**Update: Deferred payment is no longer available at the University of Memphis if you are using tuition reimbursement. You will need to pay for the course prior to the course start date (a payment link will be emailed to you) or you will not be allowed into the class. The only invoice payments that are allowed is when the course will be paid for by your cost center.**
All trainings are NONREFUNDABLE within 14 days of the training’s scheduled start date. Attendees who wish to cancel within the 14-day nonrefundable period will need to email Rami Lotay (firstname.lastname@example.org) and give a detailed explanation as to why they cannot possibly attend, as they will still be liable for payment in full.
If you cannot attend the session above, please click here to join our waitlist. Once enough demand has been built, you will be contacted with dates for the next session. Please note that submitting your information on the waitlist does not automatically reserve a space for you in the training. You will have to register/pay via a separate registration portal.
Introduction to Java 8 Programming for Object-Oriented (OO) Experienced Developers is a five-day, comprehensive hands-on introduction to Java training course geared for developers who have prior working knowledge of object-oriented programming languages such as C# or C++. Throughout the course, students learn the best practices for writing great object-oriented programs in Java 8, using sound development techniques, new improved features for better performance and new capabilities for addressing rapid application development.
Attendees should have a working knowledge of developing OO software applications.
This “skills-centric” course is about 50% hands-on lab and 50% lecture, designed to train attendees in core OO coding and Java development skills, coupling the most current, effective techniques with the soundest industry practices. Our engaging instructors and mentors are highly experienced practitioners who bring years of current "on-the-job" experience into every classroom.
Working in a hands-on learning environment, guided by our expert team, attendees will learn to:
- Understand not only the fundamentals of the Java language, but also its importance, uses, strengths and weaknesses
- Understand the basics of the Java language and how it relates to OO programming and the Object Model
- Learn to use Java multi-threading and exception handling features
- Understand and use classes, inheritance and polymorphism
- Understand and use collections, generics, autoboxing, and enumerations including new Java features and capabilities
- Become familiar with the concept of functional programming using Lambda Expressions
- Process large amounts of data using the Stream API introduced in Java 8
- Take advantage of the Java tooling that is available with the programming environment being used in the class
- Specific Java 8 features: The new Date API, Lambda Expressions, Streams, Collectors
Need different skills or topics? If your team requires different topics or tools, additional skills or custom approach, this course may be further adjusted to accommodate. We offer additional Java and JEE programming, design, testing and application security courses which may be blended with this course for a track that best suits your development objectives. Our team will collaborate with you to understand your needs and will target the course to focus on your specific learning objectives and goals.
- Java: A First Look
- Getting Started with Java
- Essential Java Programming
- Advanced Java Programming
- Java Developer's Toolbox
- Collections and Generics
- Lambda Expressions; Collections and Streams
- Multithreading and Concurrency
- Java Application Development
- Additional Topics: Time Permitting