Mastering DAX in PowerBI
- MAY 12-14 2021: Registration Link
- This training is being held virtually via Zoom
- Each daily session will start at 8:00 AM and finish at 2:30 PM. All times are in the CENTRAL Time Zone.
- Instructor: cPrime
All trainings are NONREFUNDABLE within 14 days of the training's 1st day. Additionally, attendees who wish to cancel within the 14-day nonrefundable period will have to pay the entire amount due.
If you cannot attend either of the session above, please click here to join our waitlist. Once enough demand has been built, you will be contacted with dates for the next session. Please note that submitting your information on the waitlist does not automatically reserve a space for you in the training. You will have to register/pay via a separate registration portal.
DAX is the native language behind Microsoft PowerBI and other Microsoft data tools. It's designed as a flexible, powerful syntax for working with various data types and crafting functions to manipulate and analyze data.
Even for beginners, PowerBI out of the box offers incredible analysis capability. However, for those who are comfortable with basic features and are ready to truly unlock PowerBI's potential, DAX is the key. Learning to use DAX within PowerBI gives you the power to perform incredibly fine-grained analysis and data manipulation.
In this class, you will get hands-on experience with DAX and learn it's full range of functions. Led by an expert, you'll get practice applying DAX skills to real-world datasets and real-world analysis problems. You'll leave class ready to extend your role well beyond that of most PowerBI users – applying skills to manipulate, analyze, and communicate about data precisely and powerfully.
In this class, you will learn:
- Apply a wide range of available DAX functions and when you should use them
- Manipulate data based on date, time, currency, integer values, and more
- Expertly analyze data using powerful statistical functions
- Build and manipulate tables with a wide range of data sources
- Design and analyze data using boolean logic
- Tease apart sophisticated data relationships to find insights
- Filter through large data sets quickly and effortlessly
- Work with and manipulate text values in Power BI
Professionals who take this course need to be familiar with Microsoft Power BI's basic features and already feel comfortable with navigating both the Desktop and Online version of the tool. It is recommended to take our Microsoft Power BI Boot Camp prior to this course, or have equivalent work experience.
Who Should Attend?
Some professionals who would find this course particularly beneficial include:
- Database Administrators
- Senior Business Intelligence Architects
- Business Intelligence Consultants
- Senior Business Analysts
- Digital Marketers
- Data Strategists
- IT Specialists
- IT Managers
- IT Directors
- Financial Specialists