Admissions - Dietetics
For Degree-Seeking Students
Dietetics program admission follows the University admission criteria and application process. When completing the application, your major will be Health Studies with a concentration in Dietetics.
- First-time Freshman Admissions
- Transfer Admissions
- Readmit Students
- International Students
- Undergraduate Catalog
For Students with a Bachelor's Degree
This admission procedure is for students who have already completed a bachelor's degree and only need to complete Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) coursework.
- Submit an official copy of all transcripts to Mary Catherine Schallert, Program Director, University of Memphis, College of Health Sciences, Memphis, TN 38152
- Students who completed their degree(s) outside of the United States and its territories must have their academic degree validated and a course-by-course evaluation completed. Refer to the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics website for a list of Independent Foreign Degree Evaluation Agencies. Contact the agency for current information and costs. Submit an official report to Mrs. Schallert that includes degree and course equivalency.
- Send an email to Mrs. Schallert requesting an Official DPD Evaluation. Include a list of all transcripts that she can expect, your mailing address, email address and phone number.
- Allow 2 - 4 weeks to receive the DPD Evaluation via email after the transcripts have been received. Summer requests may take longer.
- If you decide to complete the University of Memphis DPD Program, follow the University of Memphis Undergraduate Admission Procedures.