Application Requirements:

  • Highschool Completion
  • Transcripts or diploma from most recent study 
  • A copy of your passport photo page
  • Affidavit of Financial Support signed by your sponsor(s)
  • Bank letter(s) or bank statements from sponsor(s) 
  • Dependent (child or spouse) information (if applicable)
  • Application fee: $100 

 Apply here and submit the documents.


  • Housing: If you want to live on campus, we recommend Centennial Place for the traditional dormitory experience or Carpenter. Complex for apartment-style living. These locations are open during holidays and breaks for international students.

         For more information about Housing click here.


  • Immunization: IEI students are required to show documentation for the following Immunizations and tests:
          • MMR- Measles, Mumps Rubella (2 Shots, positive blood work or medical/religious exemption)
          • Varicella – Chicken Pox (2 Shots, positive blood work or medical/religious exemption)
          • Negative Tuberculosis (TB) test or positive TB test with a clear chest x-ray

         For more information about Immunization click here.


  • Health Insurance: The State of Tennessee requires that students with J or F visas have and maintain medical, hospitalization, evacuation and repatriation insurance as a condition of admission and continued enrollment at the institution.

         For more information about Health Insurance options click here

When you application has been approved, IEI will send you an Acceptance Letter for the ESL program and an I-20. The I-20 allows you to apply for a student visa known as the F1 visa. Please note that the I-20 is not a visa, nor does it guarantee a visa.

  • Applying for a Visa: You should apply for your visa at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate with jurisdiction over your place of permanent residence. Although visa applicants may apply at any U.S. consular office abroad, it may be more difficult to qualify for the visa outside the country of permanent residence. For visa application instruction click here.
  • Required documentation


Once you have your U.S. student visa, you can finalize your travel plans. You will not be allowed to enter the U.S. more than 30 days before the program start date indicated on your I-20. For example, if the program start date is August 30, the earliest date that you can enter the U.S. is July 31. When you travel, you should always carry your I-20, your passport, and evidence of sufficient funds on your person—do not lock these documents away in a suitcase. We also recommend that you carry the name and contact information for the Director and/or Admissions Officer of IEI.


  • Tes