Welcome to the University of Memphis!
The UofM provides a wealth of technological resources to our academic community and staff. Along with these assets comes the responsibility of protecting access to our shared systems and keeping personal data secure.
Please follow the steps below to make sure you are starting off on the right foot with digital security and keeping your private information safe. In addition, everyone at the UofM is expected to be familiar with the ITS Security Best Practices and Policies and Guidelines.
- All staff and faculty are required to complete IT Security Awareness Training within 30 days of hire and annually thereafter.
While students are not required to complete training, we strongly encourage reviewing the following free resources:
- What is phishing? (Video, 2 min)
- Can you spot a phishing email? (Quiz, 5 min)
- What does a bad password look like? (Video, 3 min)
- Mr. Human Error: What NOT to do to keep your data safe (Video, 6 min)
- Enroll in Duo. All UofM account holders are required to enroll in Duo MFA. This service helps prevent unauthorized access to your account, even if an attacker
knows your password. We also encourage you to write down a bypass code, in case you need to access your account and are unable to use your Duo-enabled device.
- Review the UofM password guidelines. Never share your password with anyone, including UofM faculty or staff. ITS staff will never ask for your password.
- To access some resources when off campus, you will need to connect to the UofM Virtual
Private Network. Detailed instructions can be found on our VPN page.
- If you receive any suspicious emails, particularly any asking for personal information or making offers too good to be true, forward them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reporting can help us stop attackers before they get to other campus community members.
For assistance with any technology-related inquiry, please contact the ITS Service Desk at email@example.com or 901.678.8888.