UofM student, faculty, and staff public printers are provided in the Learning Commons computer areas on all four floors of McWherter Library, as well as the sandbox. On-campus printing may be processed through desktops, laptops, and other devices. Visit iPrint to set up your personal device for on-campus printing or to add print funds to your account. For information on branch libraries' printing options, please visit: Health Sciences, Lambuth, Law, Music. Printing for Community Users using the Guest login is not available.
Microforms may be scanned & printed using the microform workstations and printer located on the Second floor in the southeast quadrant. Community users may be logged onto microform machines as Guest Users, but will not have printing options and will need to save microform scans to a flash drive or email scans to their email account.
Color Printing in McWherter Library
Color printing is available in the McWherter Library First Floor Learning Commons. To utilize color printing, add funds to your Color Print Balance through iPrint. Color prints are available in 8.5 x 11 only; additional color print options are available through Tiger Copy & Graphics. Scroll down to the bottom of the IT iPrint page for information on reimbursements for unused color printing pages.
Photocopiers for student/faculty and public use in McWherter Library:
|First floor:||Room 103 (the sandbox)|
|First floor:||Room 106 (adjacent to the elevators)|
|First floor:||Room 110 (Learning Commons)|
|Second floor:||Southeast quadrant (near public computers)|
|Fourth floor:||Room 404 (Special Collections; access by appointment only)|
Color copying is not available through McWherter Library; color copies may be purchased through Tiger Copy & Graphics
Printing requires a UM UUID (user name & password). Copying requires a UM Campus Card or a purchased copy card. No cash printing or copying is available. To print using your UM Campus Card, you must have funds available in your Tiger Funds account. Copy cards are used for copying only. Copy cards may be purchased and funds added to copy cards or UM Campus Cards Tiger Funds account at several sites:
- McWherter Library Room 106 on the first floor adjacent to the elevators east
- McWherter Library second floor scanning/copying area near the public computers in the southeast quadrant
- University & Student Business Services Office, 115 Wilder Tower
- The cost for printing or for copying is $.10 per page ($.33 per page for color printing; color copies may be purchased through Tiger Copy & Graphics).
- The initial cost for the copy card itself is $1.00. After that purchase, copy funds may be added to the card in full dollar amounts ($1.00, $5.00, etc.). No change is available in McWherter Library.
Copier Refund Instructions
Print Pages Refunds:
- For print jobs that do not print, IT must verify that the account was charged without printing and reapply the print funds; most print jobs that do not print will automatically revert back to the allotment you had before sending the print job.
- For print jobs that are damaged or unreadable, IT must verify the unsatisfactory print page and reapply the print funds.
- Libraries employees do not have access to your account to reapply the print funds.
For assistance with print pages refunds, visit the RAD & IT Help Desk in the McWherter Library First Floor Learning Commons or contact IT at 901.678.8888 or Start a Chat with IT on the lower right of the UMTech homepage.