This is a resource page for anyone with a desire to learn more about LGTBQ+ issues and for those who seek to better educate themselves regarding these issues in order to help LGBTQ+ people feel supported and to address barriers to fairness and justice for everyone.
What is an Ally?
An "ally" is someone who supports LGBTQ+ people and equality in its many forms – both publicly and privately. Heterosexual and cisgender people can be allies as well as those within the LGBTQ+ community who support one another's unique needs and struggles.
- What to do When Someone Comes Out Handout
- LGBTQ+ Language Dos and DON'Ts Handout
- PFLAG: Straight for Equality
- Straight for Equality: Trans Ally Resources
- GLAAD: Be an Ally & a Friend