UC House Crew Job Description
- Serves as regular building staff to facilitate the general technical and setup needs of all events held in the University Center and Rose Theatre.
- Serves as an event technician for incidental events.
- Performs furniture setups for events in the UC and Rose theatre.
- Performs basic AV setups for meetings, presentations and events in the UC and Rose Theatre.
- Serves as run crew and basic backstage support for Special Events.
- Reports custodial and maintenance issues to Building Manager or Supervisor, Performs Basic Custodial services as needed (such as vacuuming or removing trash when needed).
- Handles requests for changes to event schedule and last minute needs.
- Responsible for providing excellent customer service by performing all set-ups quickly and efficiently.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Worker Characteristics
- Strong Customer Service Skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully.
- Ability to demonstrate all standard room configurations including: Theatre, Rounds, Classroom, U shape. Conference Table/Hollow Square. Demonstrates proper storage of furniture and equipment.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of and ability to troubleshoot standard AV equipment in the UC and Rose Theatre, including: Crestron Touchscreen systems, installed and portable projectors, laptops and microphones and basic lighting control. Demonstrates proper storage of equipment.