FERPA Consent to Release Student Financial Information
To authorize the release of student account information, loan information, and financial aid information to others, complete FERPA Release Form.
Students can sign up to give others (parents, employers, etc.,) the ability to access their account information in the TigerXpress system. Authorized users may view student account balance and make payments. Students have the option to give authorized users access to their eBills and payment history.
Important information about authorized users:
- In compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), students' records may not be shared with a third party without their written consent. Adding an authorized user to a TigerXpress account is their written consent that an individual may view their account information and make payments on their behalf.
- Authorized users DO NOT have access to students' stored payment methods, academic records, or other personal information.
- Authorized users will receive email notification when their account has been established.
- Authorized users must contact the student to update email address changes.
- Students may add/remove/update users at any time on TigerXpress.
Setting up an Authorized User Account
To set up your authorized users, follow these steps:
- Log in to the myMemphis Portal with your UUID and password (link opens in a new window).
- Click on the My Finances option under the Student Pages dropdown.
- Click on TigerXpress
- Click on "Authorized Users"
- Click on "Add Authorized User"
- Enter the email address of the authorized user
- Select the types of authorization
- Click "Continue"
- Read and agree to the terms
- Click "Continue" to complete