USBS Policies & Other Information
Payment by Check
Please allow 5-7 days for processing any checks mailed to the University & Student Business Services Office. Registration fee payments must be received by the University & Student Business Services Office by the appropriate fee payment due date, regardless of postmark date.
The University of Memphis processes paper checks electronically. When you provide a check as payment (in-person, by mail, or through our drop box) you authorize the use of information from your check to make a one-time electronic funds transfer from your account. In certain circumstances, such as for technical or processing reasons, we may process your check as a check transaction. For your reconciliation purposes, these checks will appear on your monthly bank statement as an Electronic Debit.
When payment by eCheck you will receive an email stating that your payment request has been received once the process is complete. Until the payment has been deemed as paid and satisfied, your payment is not considered complete. If a paper/electronic check or credit card payment used to satisfy enrollment fees is returned for non-payment by your financial institution, you will be assessed a $30 returned check fee and may be assessed a $200 Late Fee, and your registration may be subject to cancellation.
Payment by Debit/Credit Card
All payments that are remitted via Debit/Credit Card will be subject to a 2.85% (minimum of $3.00) non-refundable processing fee. This fee is being assessed by TouchNet at the point of payment. To avoid any processing fee, please consider using an Ach eCheck payment.
The following information is not intended to be comprehensive and is subject to change. Tuition, fees, and charges are subject to change by administrative, federal or state legislative changes, or University of Memphis Board of Trustees action, and changes become effective on the date enacted. Tuition and fee charges for all courses will be assessed by a student’s level and residency status. Students enrolled in the UM-Global are assessed tuition and fees based on the level of their program. The University reserves the right to correct errors in student fee assessments and charges which are discovered subsequent to the initial billings or fee statements.
Tuition and fees are set regardless of the mode of instruction and the UofM reserves the right to determine the mode of instruction that it believes will best serve the student in consideration of the totality of the circumstances. In the event of an unforeseeable cause beyond the control of and without the negligence of the UofM, including but not limited to fire, flood, other severe weather, acts of God, interruption of utility services, acts of terrorism, pandemic, epidemic, disease at the housing facility or in the surrounding area/city/county, government restrictions, or the like, the UofM reserves the right to maintain the safety of the premises by any means, including but not limited to, transitioning on-ground classes online or temporarily suspending classes.
In the event of an unforeseeable cause beyond the control of and without the negligence of the University, including but not limited to fire, flood, other severe weather, acts of God, interruption of utility services, acts of terrorism, pandemic, epidemic, government restrictions, or the like, the University reserves the right to maintain the safety of the premises by any means, including but not limited to closing or limiting access to campus and/or temporarily closing or restricting use of University residence facilities. Such actions shall not be considered a breach of contract and the University shall not be obligated to refund any amount already paid pursuant to this agreement.
- Policy BF4009 - Campus Identification Cards
- Policy BF4020 - University Fees and Charges
- Policy BF4021 - Cash Handling
- Policy BF4023 - Payment Card Industry (PCI) Compliance
- Policy BF4029 - Installment Payment Plan
- Policy BF4030 - Student Fees and Enrollment
- Policy BF4033 - Collection of All University Accounts Receivables
- AR Training Attendance Form
- Guest Identification Card Request
- New Fee/Change in Amount of Fee Request
- Refund Request
- Report of Cash Shortage/Overage
- Request for Access to Business & Finance Systems (Banner, WorkforUM, OnBase, etc.)
- Request for Cash Reimbursement
- Request for Departmental Tuition Assistance
- Request for Invoice
- Request for New Detail Code
- Request for Petty Cash Change
- Request for TouchNet/Banner Student AR Access
- ROTC Identification Card Request
Departments who require an invoice to be sent to an organization/company should submit a Request for Invoice form https://www.memphis.edu/usbs/pdf/requestforinvoice.pdf
Please complete the form with the required information
- Customer U# (if known)
- Customer Name (Company/Organization/Individual)
- Customer Contact person and email address
- Customer Purchase order (If available)
- Full Description of service/product provided (date of service/event, # of attendees, etc)
- A copy of the agreement that states UofM's authority to bill the individual/organization/company
- For travel reimbursement, a copy of the approved travel claim processed by Accounting is required along with all receipts.
- Requestor Name, Department, Date and telephone #
- FOAP that should be credited
- Approver must sign and date (Approver should be person listed as authorized signature for the Organization code per the Finance Program Guide)
Cash Handling Training Documents
- Department Cash Receipting for Receipt Book, Pre-Numbered Tickets, & Cash Register Users Training
- Cash Receipting System Users Training
Payment Card Industry (PCI) Compliance