ON LEGAL GROUNDS INFORMATION
On Legal Grounds is the the primary way that student organizations and law school faculty and staff communicate with students, so you must check the blog and your Memphis email every day. Please also check the monitors around the building for information about law school events and deadlines, as well.
New Calendar Features
There is an exciting new feature on the blog for this coming school year. We have added a new type of post for events. There is a new calendar tab on the top menu. Also, you can view a list of the next five upcoming events on every page on the left side bar.
There are also calendars specific for each student organization and law school office. These specific calendars can be found through some simple navigation through the top menu. To find the calendar for a specific student organization, hover over the "Student Organizations and Events" tab and scroll down to the organization. When you hover over the organization, a tab will pop out with a link to the organization's specific calendar.
Planning & Advertising Your Events & Announcements
- Each student organization has a designated member to reserve rooms and advertise internally.
- If you are a new organization and would like to have an account, please contact Dean Aden.
- Use the law school calendar to browse events or search for room space and to submit a request for a room.
- Please note that your room is not officially reserved until you receive a confirmation from the Dean's assistant, Ida Bounds.
- Please contact Ms. Bounds if you have questions or need assistance with reserving a room or viewing the calendar.
- Instructions for using the room reservation calendar are available here.
On Legal Grounds
- Prior to submitting a post or event, confirm with Ms. Bounds that your date, time, and room are reserved.
- Create a Calendar Event (not included in the daily email digest & not included on
the main summary page) if you would like your activity/event to appear on the calendar.
- Be sure to mark the corresponding student organization event category, otherwise, the event will not appear on your organization's calendar.
- Instructions for creating a Calendar Event are available here.
- Create the Post(s) (included in the daily email digest & on the main summary page)
- Student organizations are allowed up to two separate postings for each activity/event
(in addition to the Calendar Event)
- Student organization posts are listed in the order received (not chronologically).
Therefore, consider carefully your preferred timing for when you would like a post(s)
- A "Save the Date Post" - two or more weeks in advance of the activity/event
- A "Reminder Post" - a day or two in advance of the event
- These posts should have different content to distinguish them for the reader
- I recommend creating both at the same time
- You can schedule when you would like posts to appear.
- Student organization posts are listed in the order received (not chronologically). Therefore, consider carefully your preferred timing for when you would like a post(s) to run:
- Instructions for creating a Post are available here.
- Student organizations are allowed up to two separate postings for each activity/event (in addition to the Calendar Event)
- There are On Legal Grounds Posting Guidelines that you must follow. Please make sure you familiarize yourself with them. Failure to follow the guidelines will result in posting privileges being revoked.
- Events submitted to On Legal Grounds will not automatically be advertised on the monitors.
- If you would like to advertise your event or announcement, you will need to create a PowerPoint slide and submit it to Brigitte Boyd to be included.
- Use the template here to create your advertisement. (Ads must be in this template to be included).
- Please indicate the time you would like the slide to start and stop running.
- These will be updated less frequently than the blog – likely 1-2 times per week.
We are interested in your feedback on how to improve On Legal Grounds. There is a link on the blog homepage on the right side where you can submit comments and suggestions.