Take the time to answer these questions. If you have answered "no" to any one of these questions, you need to develop or update your Emergency Plan.
- Do you believe that your department, residence hall, or community is prepared for emergencies?
- Do you believe that your family, friends, or colleagues are well-prepared to handle most emergencies?
- Have you discussed emergency planning issues with the above individuals?
- Do you have an Emergency Supplies Kit including:
- a three-day supply of water per person ( 1 gallon per-person, per day)
- one change of clothing per person
- one blanket or sleeping bag per person
- first aid kit with current prescription medication enough for four days
- battery powered radio & flashlight, w/extra batteries
- extra set of car keys
- a credit card and a small amount of cash
- sanitation supplies
- Do you have a charged ABC fire extinguisher?
- Are you trained on the proper techniques of fire extinguisher use?
- Have you made photo or videotape records of your personal property?
- Do you know evacuation procedures and assembly areas?