College of Education Research
College of Education Announces Faculty Research Grant Awardees
The College of Education has announced the recipients in its 2019 Faculty Research Grant program. The awardees are:
- Dr. Diana Delgado, ICL, Using Virtual Reality Exposure Therapy to Decrease Medical Procedure Phobia in Children with Developmental Disabilities
- Dr. Yeh Hsueh, CEPR, Chinese Rural Preschool in Transformation: Cultural Changes and Continuity
- Dr. Rachael Ross, ICL, Reading "Chutes and Ladders" using LLI as a Ladder Against the Summer "chute"
- Dr. Eraina Schauss, CEPR, Fostering Intrinsic Resilience: A Social, Environmental and Neuroscience Intervention for ACE Exposed Children
- Dr. Katie Wade-Jaimes, ICL, Understanding the Impact of STEM Schools in Urban Areas
Sponsored Research, Grants and Contracts
- Hirschi, M., Brasfield, M., Lester, D., McCutcheon, J., Zanskas, S., & Neely-Barnes,
S. (2019-2022). Memphis Opioid Workforce Paraprofessional Expansion Program (MOW-PEP).
Funded by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) Opioid Workforce
Expansion Program - Paraprofessional T97HP33397 ($897,342).
The MOW-PEP grant is a joint-effort between the College of Education (Dr. Michelle Brasfield and Dr. Steve Zanskas) and the departments of social work, criminal justice, and psychology at the UofM. Press release about the grant>.
- Dr. James Meindl, Associate Professor in ICL, was awarded $330,651 from The Urban Child Institute for his project "University of Memphis Behavior, Research, & Language Alliance (UMBReLA)."
- Dr. Laura Casey, Professor in ICL, was awarded $250,000 from the U.S. Department of Education (U.S. DoEd) in collaboration with the Tennessee Department of Education (TDoEd) for her project "TEIS vendor services - provision of statewide early intervention services to eligible infants & toddlers with disabilities birth through two years of age."
- Dr. Carolyn Kaldon, Research Associate Professor in CREP, was awarded $26,940 from Promise Academy Inc. for her project "Closing the Gap in Literacy with Leveled Literacy Intervention LLI at Promise Academy Hollywood."
- Dr. Todd Zoblotsky, Research Associate Professor in CREP, was awarded $25,035 from Memphis Education Fund (MEF) for his project "TN Charter School Center Unified Enrollment."