MS in Accountancy Degree Learning Outcomes
Goal 1: Graduates will be knowledgeable in accounting and its functional support of organizations.
- Understand and process the information and outputs needed by various organizations using appropriate documentation.
- Demonstrate an acceptable level of competence in the graduate's area of concentration.
- Demonstrate an acceptable level of competence in financial accounting.
Goal 2: Graduates will be effective communicators and team members.
- Deliver an organized and persuasive oral presentation that demonstrates focus, time management, and effective visuals.
- Create a clear, well-organized project using quantitative tools and documentation when appropriate.
- Collaborate effectively in a team environment on a course project.
Goal 3: Graduates will be critical thinkers and problem solvers.
- The graduate will be able to identify and frame problems involving accounting issues.
- The graduate will be able to formulate and defend an effective strategy for solving problems.
Goal 4: Graduates will be aware of ethical ramifications and global business implications of decisions.
- The graduate will understand the basic accounting ethical rules.
- The graduate will recognize the ethical ramifications of various accounting decisions in a written assignment.
- The graduate will understand differences in global accounting practices.
Goal 5: Graduates will be technologically competent.
- The graduate will be proficient in using online resources to solve problems relating to accounting applications.
- The graduate will be proficient in the use of computer-based problem-solving aids for accounting applications.
(page updated 3/6/2018)