Undergraduate Programs & Resources
The department of mathematical sciences offers the following undergraduate degree programs.
- Major in Mathematical Sciences.
- With a concentration in Mathematics.
We offer the following tracks:
- Applied Mathematics,
- General Mathematics,
- Graduate Study in Mathematics,
- Secondary Mathematics Education,
- Actuarial Science.
- With a concentration in Statistics.
- Second Major in Mathematical Sciences for majors in:
- Computer Science,
See Advising Page for instructions on how to declare a major or 2nd major.
Students can also apply for an Accelerated Bachelor/Masters (ABM) program that allows for the completion of both a BS and MS in Mathematics in 5 years.
The Department also has an active Honor's Program.
What can you do with a degree in mathematical sciences?
- BS, MS, and PhD with a mathematics concentration, see answers from AMS, MAA, and OOH.
- BS, MS, and PhD with statistics concentration, see answers from ASA, OOH, and Salaries.
- BS with concentration in actuarial science, see answers from SOA, beanactuary.org, and OOH.
- BS, MS with teaching mathematics concentration, see answers from NCTM and OOH.
- For those wanting to pursue a career in academia, see answers from OOH in addition to sites above.
Mathematicians and statisticians were ranked in top 3 best jobs in 2014.