Undergraduate Programs & Resources
The department of mathematical sciences offers the following undergraduate degree programs.
- Major in Mathematical Sciences..
- With a concentration in Mathematics.
We offer the following tracks:
- Applied Mathematics,
- General Mathematics,
- Graduate Study in Mathematics,
- Secondary Mathematics Education,
- Actuarial Science.
- With a concentration in Statistics.
- for suggested courses.
- Second Major in Mathematical Sciences for majors in:
- Computer Science,
See Advising Page for instructions on how to declare a major or 2nd major.
Students can also apply for an Accelerated Bachelor/Masters (ABM) program that allows for the completion of both a BS and MS in Mathematics in 5 years.
The Department also has an active Honor's Program.
What can you do with a degree in mathematical sciences?
A lot! Graduates of the Mathematical Sciences Department have secured placement in competitive positions nationally and internationally, as well as in high profile research labs and industry, such as Actuarial Analyst at Willis Towers Watson, Analytics Manager at GSK, Data Scientist at JP Morgan, Director of Operations Development at Egan-Jones Ratings Co., Instructor/Professor at Elementary, Secondary, and Post-Secondary levels, Inventory Management at GE Capital Aviation Services, Manager of Cybersecurity Intelligence and Analytics at FedEx, Marketing Analytics Manager at Merkle, Predictive Analytics Director at Great American Insurance Group, and Senior Biostatistician at Chiltern.
- BS, MS, and PhD with a mathematics concentration, see answers from AMS, MAA, and OOH.
- BS, MS, and PhD with statistics concentration, see answers from ASA, OOH, and Salaries.
- BS with concentration in actuarial science, see answers from SOA, beanactuary.org, and OOH.
- BS, MS with teaching mathematics concentration, see answers from NCTM and OOH.
- For those wanting to pursue a career in academia, see answers from OOH in addition to sites above.
Mathematicians and statisticians were ranked in top 3 best jobs in 2014.