Visiting Professor of Horn
Tuba & Euphonium
Trombone & Euphonium
Recent Research & Creative Activity
- David Spencer was nominated for the Willard R. Sparks Eminent Faculty Award. This
award is the highest distinction given to a faculty member by the University of Memphis.
- David Spencer was nominated for the 2021 University of Memphis Distinguished Teaching
- John Mueller, “Trombone Tips for Euphonium Players,” International Tuba Euphonium Association Journal, Vol. 48, no.1 (2021).
- David Spencer was a featured artist at the 2021 Prizm International Chamber Music
Festival in Memphis, TN.
- David Spencer performed as a soloist with the River City Brass, Florida tour.
- David Spencer celebrated twenty-five years as lead trumpet at the Orpheum Theatre
in Memphis, TN.
- David Spencer was named and performed as lead trumpet on the National Tour of Disney’s
- John Mueller organized and performed a recital, Memphis Made, that featured a trombone solo and ensemble music by Memphis composers.
- John Mueller performed chamber music concerts at Indiana University’s Octubafest,
celebrating Professor Daniel Perantoni’s 50th year of teaching.
- David Spencer was a featured artist at the 2019 Jazz Education Network Conference
in Reno, NV.
- David Spencer performed as a soloist on the International Concert Tour of Asia with
the River City Brass.
- David Spencer was a featured artist at the Network Performing Arts Production Workshop
in Prague, Czech Republic.
- John Mueller performed recitals and masterclasses at the University of Evansville,
University of Northern Iowa, and South Dakota State University.
- David Spencer performed as a guest soloist with the Grammy Nominated Rutgers University
- David Spencer performed the world’s first co-presence jazz performance at the World
Supercomputing Conference using MVTP technology.