Recent Research & Creative Activity
- Artina McCain was a concerto soloist for the Dallas Symphony Orchestra performing
Florence Price’s Piano Concerto in One Movement (1932-32), a virtuosic piece.
- Artina McCain (McCain Duo) was a conference headliner invited to speak to young professionals
about recording and concertizing for the Music Teachers National Association 2021
- Artina McCain won a Gold Global Music Award for her album Heritage: An American Musical Legacy.
- McCain, A.(2021). 24 African American Traditional Folk Songs arr. Artina McCain, Hall Leonard, 2021.
- Jonathan Tsay performed a virtual recording of Shostakovich’s Five Pieces for Two Violins and Piano with Jing Wang, Concertmaster for Hong Kong Philharmonic and Chee-Yun Kim, internationally
recognized concert violinist.
- Artina McCain served as a guest lecturer at several institutions, such as the University
of Oklahoma, Oberlin Conservatory of Music, Missouri State University, and Belmont
- Jonathan Tsay was named master of ceremonies and guest panel speaker for the Cliburn
Junior International Piano Competition and Festival.
- Artina McCain formed a significant pedagogical partnership with Chinese University
Hong Kong (CUHK). UofM students and CUHK students had online forums to discuss pedagogical
similarities and differences between HongKong/China and the US.