How to Apply to the Graduate Program in Political Science
Complete the application process at the University of Memphis Graduate School website: Apply for Graduate Admissions.
Please note the following is needed to complete your electronic application:
- The Department has waived the GRE requirement for Fall 2020 applicants.
- Official copy of your academic transcripts (instructions are provided within the application.)
- Please upload a typed personal statement. This is an essay about why you wish to pursue a graduate degree in political science.
- Two letters of recommendation (preferably from professors who are familiar with your work). You will have the opportunity to send out requests for these letters within your application.
Email Dr. Derefe Chevannes as soon as you have uploaded required application materials and completed the online application so we can make sure timely action is taken on your file.
*If you started an application prior to March 7, 2019, you can access your existing application banner login.
Graduate Recruitment Director: Dr. Derefe Chevannes | E-Mail: email@example.com
- For application navigation questions, or if you are having technical difficulty, please contact Graduate Admissions Customer Service at 617.612.2943 (8am - 4pm, Monday - Friday) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Helpful information can also be found on our FAQ site.
- The status of your application can be found within your application. After logging in, click on the "Check Status" link on the upper right corner of your electronic application.
If you have previously completed a graduate application to the University, all future graduate application fees are waived. Please contact Graduate Admissions 901.678.3685 or email@example.com for a coupon code for you to use within a day of submitting your next application.