M.A. in Romance Languages
Concentrations in French or Spanish
The Department of World Languages and Literatures offers an M.A. in Romance Languages with concentrations in French and Spanish. Graduate assistantships are available to qualified students on a competitive basis.
For more information, please contact Dr. Ivan Ortega Santos (Spanish, firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dr. Denis Grélé (French, email@example.com).
- French Graduate Program
- Spanish Graduate Program
- Graduate Catalog: Romance Languages
- Apply for Graduate Admissions
Accelerated B.A to M.A. Program (ABM)
What is the ABM?
The Accelerated B.A./M.A. program allows an undergraduate student to:
- Complete your B.A. degree while beginning the coursework toward your M.A. in Spanish or French.
- Earn up to 12 hours of graduate coursework that can be applied to both the undergraduate and graduate programs.
- You must be an undergraduate student with a minimum 3.25 overall grade point average.
- You must be a World Languages major with a concentration in Spanish or French.
- Apply to the program in the semester preceding the one during which you would like to take the graduate courses.
- Submit a letter of intent to the chair of the Department of World Languages and Literatures (WLL), Dr. Robert Kelz, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Have two reference letters submitted to Dr. Robert Kelz email@example.com, by WLL faculty members.
- Interview with the appropriate graduate coordinator:
- French: Dr. Denis Grele, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spanish: Dr. Ivan Ortega-Santos, email@example.com
- Apply to the Graduate School for the ABM program in order to take graduate courses.
- To continue in the program past the B.A., apply for full admission into the Graduate School and into the M.A. in Romance Languages program
For more information, undergraduate students should contact:
- French: Dr. Will Thompson, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spanish: Jennifer Johnston, email@example.com