In the Now: April FAQ

As the school year rolls on different situations and questions arise. As a result, our more frequently asked questions for each month will be posted below. If you do not see a topic covered, please review our Frequently Asked Questions page or feel free to e-mail us at or at 901.678.2115.

Important Dates and Deadlines

To stay up to date on all upcoming dates and deadlines, please check out our UMparent calendar

April 3-12: Registration for Summer 2017 and Fall 2017 Classes Begins

April 16: Last Day to Order Finals Care Packages

April 26: Last Day of Classes

April 27: Study Day

April 28-May 4: Exams

April 30: 3rd Installment Fee Payment Deadline (4:30 pm)

May 6: Commencement*


Spring 2017: Saturday, May 6*

FedExForum, 191 Beale Street, Memphis, TN 38103

10:00 am

  • College of Arts and Sciences
  • College of Communication and Fine Arts
  • University College
  • Doctoral Hoodings for these colleges

2:30 pm

  • Fogelman College of Business and Economics
  • Kemmons Wilson of Hospitality and Resort Management
  • College of Education
  • School of Health Studies
  • Herff College of Engineering
  • Loewenberg College of Nursing
  • School of Public Health
  • School of Communication Sciences and Disorders
  • Doctoral Hoodings for these colleges and schools

Click here to view the Commencement Program

Doors open one hour before ceremony time. All family members are welcome at commencement.  Tickets are not required to attend commencement.  If you or another family member is in need of any disability assistance, please call (901) 678-5547.

For more information on commencement, please click here.

Invitations and Diploma Frames:

The University Bookstore has a selection of graduation announcements and beautiful frames for the graduate.  For more information, visit the Bookstore website.

For information on visiting Memphis, please visit our Visiting Campus page

*Backup date is Sunday, May 7. Click here for more information on a possible date change. 

Enrollment Verification

Do you need verification that you student is enrolled for medical insurance, car insurance, or anything else? Students can request enrollment verification from the National Student Clearinghouse  or from the Registrar’s office.  For complete details on how to request enrollment verification, please click here.

Student Newspaper: The Daily Helmsman

Do you want to know what is going on on-campus from a student point of view?  Read the student newspaper, The Daily Helmsman, by clicking here. It is published Tuesday through Friday during the Fall and Spring semesters.