The River City Difference
The River City Partnership stands apart because it focuses on Memphis! No city in the world is quite like Memphis, and no teaching program is quite like the River City Partnership.
River City Partnership Strategy
- Selecting and preparing local future teachers who demonstrate cultural competence
- Deepening future teachers' understanding of the Memphis context
- Engaging future teachers with the communities in which they will teach
- Preparing future teachers who have strong content knowledge - both subject matter knowledge and pedagogical content knowledge - in support of effective standards-based instruction
What makes the River City Partnership unique?
The River City Partnership will impact Memphis-area schools by cultivating teachers who advocate for equity and inclusion. The RCP focuses on the following:
- Local Memphis Recruitment and Pipeline Development with an emphasis on underrepresented teaching groups including African-American males and Latinx groups.
- Culturally relevant and community-centered preparation/programming co-developed with school districts
- Focus on understanding intersections of race, diversity, inclusion, equity and adverse childhood experiences in learning
- Intentional and deliberate clustered placements of undergraduate teacher candidates in high-need/high-priority schools
- Collaborative induction and retention
- Support continues beyond the program with professional learning communities and community building throughout the schools
- Professional development opportunities involving both teachers and school leaders
- Content and delivery based on district or school needs
Help Inspire Memphis!
Support the River City Partnership!