If you plan to use VA educational assistance while attending UM, contact or visit us
to request a packet of information and forms. Be sure to identify the VA educational
program in which you are interested. The VA application must be received in our office
after you have registered for courses unless you are applying for Advance Payment. Complete the appropriate "VA Application for
Benefits" form and submit it to our office after you have registered for courses,
unless you are applying for Advance Payment:
Also, furnish the following items as applicable and needed:
- a VA copy of your DD 214 (Certificate Of Release Or Discharge From Active Duty).
- a VA copy of your DD 2384 (Notice Of Basic Eligibility) or other armed forces separation
- a copy of your Delayed Enlistment Contract.
- copies of your children's birth certificates.
- a copy of a divorce decree if either you or your spouse were previously married.
- your VA file number, if you have previously used your VA benefits.
- a transcript from any college or university previously attended.
- a KICKER contract.
New Students on Active Duty
Complete these forms and submit them to our office:
Enrollment certifications are sent to the appropriate VA Regional Office upon receipt
of the Veterans Data Sheet. (For Returning and Transfer students, these certifications
are transmitted electronically; for New Students, they are mailed). You are required
to submit a UM Veterans Request for Certification form (below) to us each semester.
You will be certified on a term-by-term basis. Pre-certification will be done only
when a request for Advance Pay is made.
Returning (Former) Students
Complete the following form and submit it to our office:
Complete the applicable forms and submit them to our office: