New Students

If you plan to use VA educational assistance while attending the UofM, contact or visit us to request a packet of information and forms. Be sure to identify the VA educational program in which you are interested. The VA application must be received in our office after you have registered for courses unless you are applying for Advance Payment. Complete the appropriate "VA Application for Benefits" form and submit it to our office after you have registered for courses, unless you are applying for Advance Payment:

Also, furnish the following items as applicable and needed:

  • a VA copy of your DD 214 (Certificate Of Release Or Discharge From Active Duty).
  • a VA copy of your DD 2384 (Notice Of Basic Eligibility) or other armed forces separation papers.
  • a copy of your Delayed Enlistment Contract.
  • copies of your children's birth certificates.
  • a copy of a divorce decree if either you or your spouse were previously married.
  • your VA file number, if you have previously used your VA benefits.
  • a transcript from any college or university previously attended.
  • a KICKER contract.

New Students on Active Duty

Complete and submit these forms:

Current/Continuing Students

Enrollment certifications are sent to the appropriate VA Regional Office upon receipt of the Veterans Data Sheet. (For Returning and Transfer students, these certifications are transmitted electronically; for New Students, they are mailed). You are required to submit a UofM Veterans Request for Certification form (below) to us each semester. You will be certified on a term-by-term basis. Pre-certification will be done only when a request for Advance Pay is made.

Returning (Former) Students

Complete and submit the following form:

Complete and submit the applicable forms: