Review this page for links that will help you make the most of your college experience.
Comparing UofM and Other Institutions
- College Navigator A useful site for "comparative shopping," allowing you to view information and statistics
(expenses, enrollment figures, programs/majors, financial aid, etc.) for a list of
institutions you define by institution type and location (by state or by distance
from a particular zip code).
- Tuition and Fees
An overview credit hour costs and various fees associated with course enrollment. (Costs for books and supplies are not included.)
- Admissions Process
Information on admission requirements, applications, deadlines, etc.
- Academic Retention Information
Statistics on UofM student retention and graduation.
- Transfer Credit
- Transfer Credit Evaluation Process - Learn what you need to do in order to have credit from another institution transferred to, and evaluated by, UofM.
- Transfer Equivalency Tables - View a select group of transfer equivalency tables (tables that match up UofM courses
with courses deemed equivalent courses at other institutions)
- Financial Aid Process
- Fee Payment and Fee Payment Deadlines: UofM University & Student Business Services
Fee Payment Information
Fee payment options, plans, calendars, and deadlines.
- Residency (for paying in-state tuition)
Criteria for Tennessee residency (in-state tuition).
- Selecting a Veterans Benefit
Advice from UofM's Veterans Educational Benefits & Certification Office.
Academic & Degree Planning Information
- Catalogs (includes Academic Standards, Degree Plans, Course Descriptions, and more)
An online degree-planning aid you can use to track your undergraduate degree progress or to look at "what if" scenarios (What if I change my major to Xxxx? What would be involved?)
Campus Life & Assistance
- Adult Student Services Center
Information for commuter students and for students who are older than the traditional 18-21 year old group. Includes information on support groups/organizations as well as off-campus housing, transportation, and more.
- Career Services
Offers assistance with career planning, including advice on resume writing; interview preparation; mock interviews; and internship and job search preparation.
Information about childcare, both on campus and off-campus.
- Counseling Center
Counseling; psychiatric and wellness services.
- Disability Resources for Students
Disability policies, accommodations, and services; information on the Assistive Technology Lab.
- Student Health Center
Clinic location and hours; immunization requirements; health information and educational material.
- Tutoring (Educational Support Programs)
Tutors are available at Educational Support Program centers across the campus. One-on-one tutoring is available; workshops, seminars, and online tutoring are available as well.
- Veterans and Military Student Services (aka, Veterans Resource Center)
The Veterans Resource Center (VRC) is committed to providing veterans, active-duty, National Guard, reservists and qualified dependents with the services necessary to pursue their academic and personal interests, integrate into the campus community, and ultimately ensure a successful experience.
Among other amenities, the Center contains a lounge area, meeting and study space, and computers for Student Veteran use. Monthly seminars of topics of interest to the Veteran community are held here.
State of Tennessee Resources
- Tennessee Department of Veteran Affairs
News bulletins as well as information on state benefits, services, and discounts.
- Veteran Affairs Home
The Department of Veterans Affairs home page, especially valuable for links to VA forms, important notices, and locations of hospitals, clinics, and regional benefits offices.
- GI Bill® Home
Contains information on the various programs and information on applying for benefits. The FAQs link takes you to a valuable storehouse of questions and answers.
(GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information is available at the official U.S. government Web site at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.)