Responsibilities and Reminders
It is your responsibility to be aware of and to fulfill all requirements for receipt of your Veterans benefits.
If you are using GI Bill® Benefits at the University of Memphis, you should contact our office--Veterans Educational Benefits & Certification--and submit all appropriate paperwork. (GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information is available at the official U.S. government Web site at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.)
To continue receiving veterans educational benefits, the VA requires that you:
- attend class regularly
- make satisfactory academic progress
- adhere to a specific degree program
- Register with our office every semester by completing a UofM Request for Certification.
Why do I have to re-certify every semester?
- Report credit allowed for prior training in cooperation with your advisor by completing a "Request for Evaluation of Prior Credit" form. This and other forms are available from our office.
- Inform us promptly of any degree or major change, excessive non-attendance, repeated courses, and any changes to your address, marital status, or number of dependents claimed.
- After registering for classes, immediately notify us of any changes to your class
- section changes
- canceled courses