SGA Travel Funding Guidelines
- These guidelines apply to undergraduate students at The University of Memphis. Eligibility
for Student Government Association travel funds depends on the following:
- Fall/Spring semester travel: you must be an enrolled student during the semester in which you travel.
- Summer semester travel: you must be an enrolled student during the spring semester preceding your travel.
- If you have graduated, you are NOT eligible for Student Government Association travel funds, this includes any summer travel that may occur in the term immediately following your graduation.
- Incomplete applications may not be considered for travel.
- All travelers must complete the RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT prior to travel.
- All travel fund applications must be submitted at least 15 business days in advance of the departure date for domestic travel and 8 weeks prior to the departure date for international travel or travel outside of the continental US. Applicants are encouraged to adhere to priority deadlines for maximum travel funding.
- Students are only eligible for funding once per fiscal year (July to June) at a maximum of $800 per traveler.
- You must be present at the SGA Finance Committee hearing at which your request is heard. You will be contacted by the SGA Coordinator to schedule an appointment for the meeting. This meeting is mandatory and their decision is final, there is no appeal process.
- The only expenes covered on those supported by the University of Memphis travel policy BF4001 which must be specifically identified and itemized in the travel fund application.
- SGA travel funds are awarded as a reimbursement after the travel is completed and there shall be no retroactive funding requests for a trip that has already taken place.
- Group travel is allocated per person.
- Funding for lodging will be based on the Per Diem rate + tax. To find out of state per diem rate visit https://www.memphis.edu/accounting/travel.php
- Stays at Conference Hotel will be reimbursed at per diem rate and not at conference rate for both out of state and Tennessee hotels.
- Students or organizations making academic presentations (i.e. papers, speeches, or other activities deemed appropriate by the committee) that will bring positive recognition to The University of Memphis.
- Students or organizations attending leadership conventions (i.e. regional or national conferences, etc.) that will bring positive recognition to the University of Memphis or will enhance the quality of leadership for the University of Memphis.
- The primary purpose of the trip is to seek employment.
- International travel for study abroad, including intensive language study or as part of experience/training for teacher certifications.
- The travel relates to a student’s academic work with the Rudi Scheidt School of Music.
- The travel is intended to conduct an individual’s dissertation research.
Contact SGA Travel for inquiries about Undergraduate and Lambuth related travel.
Contact GSA Travel for all Graduate & Law related inquiries.