Graduate Application Guidelines
We are pleased to learn that you are interested in applying for admission to our graduate program. Admission to our program is competitive and students are selected on the basis of their academic preparation, ability, performance on standardized tests, letters of recommendation, and fit of research interests with those of the CERI faculty.
Please have the following information available before you apply through the U of Memphis Graduate Admissions (https://www.memphis.edu/graduateadmissions/future/apply_grad.php)
Curriculum Vitae (CV) – Your CV should include any honors, awards, publications, and relevant educational or research activities.
Personal Statement – Your personal statement should address your reasons for applying to the graduate program offered by CERI and should include the following:
1. Relevant personal experience
2. Previous research experience
3. Current research interests
4. How your research interests mesh with those of CERI
5. Career goals. Your personal statement is a critical component of your application for admission and should reflect your professional goals as well as familiarity with the program and faculty at CERI. The personal statement should not exceed 1200 words
Official Transcripts from all colleges/universities that you have attended
Letters of Recommendation - the e-mail addresses and telephone numbers for three recommenders who will be automatically notified to send letters of recommendation after the recommendation request is saved.
International students must also supply the following materials to Graduate Admissions:
1. TOEFL: Acceptable minimums are 550 for paper‐based (PBT) and 79 for internet‐based (iBT) tests. Exam results must be no more than two years old. The institution code for reporting TOEFL scores is 1459.
2. Applicants whose highest degree is from a foreign university must have their college/university transcripts evaluated by a credentialing agency if the transcripts are not in English. A course-by course evaluation report is required. The university will accept evaluations done by any credentialing agency listed on the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services web site. Before contacting a credentialing agency, contact Michelle Smith to determine if CERI will cover this for you.
3. International applicants should file complete application credentials at least four months before the beginning of the semester for which enrollment is sought.
4. GRE: The Graduate School no longer requires the GRE test.
Financial certificate: Please fill out only the top part of this form. If you are offered support from CERI we will fill in the lower portion for you.
Health Insurance: All international students admitted to graduate school must purchase health insurance before they are allowed to enroll.