River City Partnership Scholars Undergraduate
The River City Partnership Bachelor of Science in Education provides in-coming college freshman with a unique opportunity to experience and explore teaching in Memphis public schools.
The four-year program will equip scholars to teach in the Shelby County School District of Achievement School District by providing:
- Bachelor of Science in Teaching Degree with Licensure in Elementary Education and Special Education
- River City Scholarship Opportunities
- Specialized course sections that emphasize culturally-relevant pedagogy, equity, and social justice
- Cohort model
- PRAXIS Preparation Seminar
- Job Placement Assistance
- Specific on-the-job mentoring and coaching after graduation
- Opportunity for eligible Teaching Fellows to participate in I AM A MAN. . . I Teach
Become a RCP Teacher Scholar
Step 1: Apply to the UofM as a freshman
Step 2: Apply to the River City Partnership Teacher Scholars Award.
Apply to the Scholarship >
Scholarship applications should be submitted to email@example.com and/or mailed to 215 Ball Hall ATTN: River City, 3798 Walker Ave Memphis, TN 38152
- Completed application.
- Eligible applicants must have a 3.0 cumulative high school GPA and/or a 21 ACT score.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Two letters from school officials (e.g., teacher, principal, school counselor, coach) and one from a community member (who is not a relative).
- Eligible applicants must submit a 250-word essay that describes their interest in
teaching in Shelby County Schools or the Achievement School District. Applicants may
respond to one of the following questions:
- What or who inspires you to become a teacher in Shelby County Schools or the Achievement School District?
- How will you demonstrate that you are driven by excellence and committed to teaching in Shelby County Schools or the Achievement School District?
Program of Study
View the Bachelor of Science program of study> to see the required courses and course sequence for the Teacher Scholars program.