MA-ECON Degree Learning Outcomes
Goal 1: Graduates will acquire a strong base in theoretical economic analysis.
- Formulate and solve optimization exercises.
- Demonstrate a graduate level comprehension of microeconomic and macroeconomic theory.
Goal 2: Graduates will acquire discipline specific knowledge.
- Demonstrate mastery of microeconomic theory including the theory of the firm, household behavior, market structure, information and uncertainty.
- Demonstrate mastery of macroeconomic theory including economic fluctuations and growth
Goal 3: Graduates will acquire high level empirical skills.
- Understand basic econometric modeling techniques.
- Develop and estimate economic models, test economic hypothesis, and perform basic forecasting tasks.
Goal 4: Graduates will be able to communicate economic concepts effectively.
- Present results of empirical analysis and their implications.
- Demonstrate ability to synthesize modern economic micro and macro theory to address real-world issues.
(page updated on 3/5/2018)