The Musculoskeletal Analysis Laboratory
- To seek new knowledge and understanding of factors affecting the human expression and development of muscle-mechanical strength, power, work, and related variables.
- To apply this knowledge to health-related fitness, elite performance, or to task-specific performance.
- To develop and evaluate various protocols for measuring muscle-mechanical performance.
- To examine the mechanics of human movement as pertains to responses and adaptations to exercise training in athletic, healthy, and aging populations, as well as in individuals with disabilities or neuromuscular disease.
- To understand the influence of the neuromuscular system on force development and time-dependent variables of muscular strength.
- To utilize laboratory resources for protocol development and research training activities as well as for the graduate and undergraduate academic programs.