Institutional Review Board Members and Meetings
The IRB shall have at least five members of varying backgrounds in order to provide complete and adequate review of human research and its institutional, legal, scientific, and social implications. The Board will also include at least one member who is not affiliated with the institution and one member who is not a scientist. The IRB has several consultants who advise the Board and are periodically involved in protocol review.
All applications must be submitted through Cayuse IRB.
Applications will be accepted at any time. Depending on the level of potential risk to subjects, the application may require Full Board review, Expedited review, or Exempt review. Please allow up to four weeks for a response from the Board. Please note that for protocols receiving Exempt or Expedited reviews, the Full Board meeting schedule and deadlines do not apply.
If a protocol requires Full Board review, it must be submitted by the deadline date. If you submit an application that needs to be reviewed at a Full Board meeting, you will receive an e-mail informing you that you have been added to the Board's agenda for review. The Investigator will receive the Board's decision within 3 to 5 business days following the meeting.
FULL BOARD MEETINGS
INSTITUTIONAL REVIEW BOARD
Kellie Watson, Research Compliance Coordinator
James Whelan, Psychology
- Catherine Pantik, Loewenberg School of Nursing
- Arleen Hill, Earth Science
- Beverly Jacobik, Division of Research and Innovation
- Bradford Pendley, Primary Care Specialists, Biomedical Engineering
- Charisse Gulosino, Leadership
- Craig Stewart, Communication
- Dean Hestermann, Caesars Entertainment, Inc.
- Hoi Chung, Loewenberg School of Nursing
- Pam Cogdal, Educational Psychology & Research
- Terra Smith, Health and Sport Sciences
- William Maguire, Radiation Safety
- Medhi Amini, Fogelman College