- MSW student (any year of program)
- Enrolled full time in social work classes (minimum of 9 hours)
- Good academic standing
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Disadvantaged by HRSA definition
- Cannot receive more than one type of Federal Funding simultaneously (aside from Federal Student Loans)
Total Family Income below 200% of poverty level. Take the Federal Poverty level at this link and double it: https://aspe.hhs.gov/2020-poverty-guidelines/
- First generation college student
- Attended a Title 1 High School
Two Preliminary Steps
- Fill out your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), https://studentaid.gov/ If you have no FAFSA on file with the Office of Financial Aid,
your application will be disqualified.
- Register for a National Provider Identifier (NPI) https://nppes.cms.hhs.gov/#/ You will be asked to provide that number on your application
to the program. We will be obligated to provide it to HRSA because they will follow up with you.
The application deadline is April 1st, 2023