How to change your UofM password
How to Change Your Password Video
Your password, in association with your Universal User ID (UUID), gives you access
to all of the University's computing resources and online services. This account
password should be unique from every other password you use.
Note: If you have recently changed your password, forget and re-add all UofM wireless networks on your all devices. For more help connecting to on-campus wireless networks, visit our wireless page.
Who may request (or are eligible) for this service?
Request can be made by Faculty, Staff, Students, Retirees, and University Guests.
How to Request Service?
There are three ways to request a password change:
- Answer iAM Identity Management security questions at https://iam.memphis.edu, then select "Change Password" option.
- Visit the Service Desk, with proper identification, located in the Administration Building, Room 100.
- Send an email to umTech@memphis.edu
What Information is Needed to Fulfill Service Request?
- If changing password via iAM, you will need to know your security questions.
- If visiting the Service Desk to change your password, please have proper identification (Campus ID is preferred).
- If requesting password change via umTech, include your name and call back number. When your request is processed, you will be contacted by a supervisor at the Service Desk. You will be asked if you are (a) near a computer for proper processing, (b) to verify your identity and (c) to reset your security questions promptly after resetting your passwords. Password change requests are only processed during normal business hours (excludes holidays and weekends).