Enhance your college experience at the U of M by becoming a member of the largest
organization on campus - the Fraternity/Sorority community. Joining a Memphis fraternity/sorority
is one of the most remarkable opportunities. Membership creates long-lasting memories
and fun-filled activities.
Since 1947, fraternities and sororities have been integral part of student life at
Memphis. Fraternity/sorority members are visible throughout the campus, holding membership
and leadership positions in campus organizations that range from departmental clubs
to the highest honor societies. Perhaps the greatest benefits of joining the Fraternity/Sorority
community are the diverse and lasting social networks, academic support, and positive
For more information on Fraternity & Sorority Affairs at The University of Memphis,
Chapters in IFC
Alpha Tau Omega, Kappa Alpha Order, Lambda Chi Alpha, Pi Kappa Alpha, Sigma Alpha
Epsilon, Sigma Chi, Sigma Phi Epsilon, Zeta Beta Tau
Are you interested in participating in recruitment for Interfraternity Council? Would
you like to learn more about IFC chapters?
We'll contact you with all the up-to-date recruitment info for Fall 2014.
- Our Vice President of Recruitment, Kyle Rose, can assist and answer questions for
you! Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chapters in PAN
Alpha Delta Pi, Alpha Gamma Delta, Delta Gamma, Kappa Delta, Phi Mu, Pi Beta Phi,
Lambda Theta Alpha Latin Sorority, Inc.
Why should you join a Panhellenic Sorority at Memphis? Watch this and we'll tell you why!
- Got questions? Kasey has answers! Kasey Kennedy, our Panhellenic Vice President of
Recruitment can be reached at email@example.com.
National Pan-Hellenic Council
Chapters in NPHC
Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc., Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., Omega Psi Phi
Fraternity, Inc., Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc., Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc., Iota Phi Theta Fraternity, Inc.
How to join a chapter in the NPHC at The University of Memphis-
- Each organization has their own process, there is no single way to join any of the
- Attend a NPHC Intake Seminar to take place within the first three weeks of each semester (Spring 2015 Intake Seminars: 1/26 in UC Theater & 2/10 in Bluff Room, 7pm)
- Attend NPHC Interest Week events-NOT JUST THE SOCIAL EVENTS!!
- Attend chapter Interest Week events
- Make personal connections with current chapter members to let them know you are interested
- Ensure that you have: community service hours, letters of recommendation, and the
minimum number of academic hours required by the organization (This list is not all-inclusive
of what you will need to join. You will need to contact the organization for a detailed
list and chapter procedures)
- NPHC Week Fall 2014 will take place January 26-February 1, 2015. There will be an
Intake Seminar during the week to give information about joining a chapter at Memphis.
Continue to look out for more details.
- THE INTAKE SEMINAR IS MANDATORY FOR ANYONE DESIRING TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY NPHC CHAPTERS'
MEMBERSHIP INTAKE PROCESS!
- To be added to the list to get special updates about the Universtiy of Memphis NPHC,
contact the NPHC President, Mallory Gary at firstname.lastname@example.org.