Resumes and Cover Letters
Your job and internship search begins with applying for positions of interest. Every employer is different, but most will require resumes, cover letters, and/or references as part of the application process.
Resume Samples- NEW!
General (Highlights all required sections for this professional document)
Experiential Learning (Includes sections for research, internships, study abroad, etc.)
First Year with Limited Experience (Demonstrates your experience with coursework, activities, and campus involvement)
Fogelman College of Business Resume Sample (Specifically for students majoring in a FCOBE area)
Health and Wellness Experience (Highlights experience with research, clinicals, etc. specifically for those in the Health Sciences field)
Hospitality & Sports Management
- Hospitality and Resort Management Resume Sample
- Sports Management Resume Sample
Military Experience (Displays military experience, rankings, and skills)
Professional Experience (Highlights skills and experiences gained as a working professional)
- Functional Resume Sample
- Experienced Resume Sample
- Early Career Resume Sample
STEM Experience (Includes STEM related projects and research placement)
Student Involvement Experience (Highlights involvement with student organizations, volunteering, and athletics)
Need Additional Assistance Developing Your Document?
- Upload your resumes and cover letters to TigerLink for an online review. You can also schedule an appointment with your Career Specialist (Select 'Career Center' > 'Schedule Appointment').
- The Center for Writing and Communication (CWC), located on the first floor of the Ned R. McWherter Library, provides free, one-on-one consultations with trained staff to assist in the development of your writing at any stage of the creative process. For more assistance with developing your professional documents such as letters of intent, cover letters, or personal statements for graduate school, visit https://www.memphis.edu/cwc/appt.php to schedule an appointment with the CWC.