Dress for Success
Commencement marks a special day in one's life. While there is no formal dress code, we do ask that all students adhere to these guidelines and suggestions. You will be taking selfies, family photos, group photos with friends — so, you'll want to look sharp. You also want to wear something that allows you to walk across the stage easily and keep comfortable during the lengthy graduation ceremony.
We suggest the following for the day's event:
- Lightweight, loose-fitting clothing
- Day or spring dresses
- Medium-to-light colored tie with dark slacks or khakis
- Comfortable shoes with low heels (avoid HIGH heels)
- Avoid shoes with slippery soles
- Avoid chunky jewelry
- Avoid suit coats/jackets
- Jeans and shorts are not recommended
- Clothing is required
Again, while there is no specific dress code the above suggestions are best when it comes to dressing for the day's event. The regalia can get a little warm, so you want to avoid jackets underneath your gown.